Did you mean: 

Caesars rewards Rewards VISA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caesars rewards Rewards VISA

Good morning everyone,

I wake up to an email for the Caesars rewards Rewards VISA

When I click on the email it takes to the page to apply for the card and it only ask me for the last 4 digits of my social security and some basic information is this a preaproval?

Would this card be a hard pull or a soft pull?

I currently have 3 cards all new accounts recently open in June and July.

I do visit Las Vegas frequently so this card would benefit me a lot Smiley Happy

Below is my credit profile
Discover $500
JCPenney $900
Overstock $400
Selflender $546
Capital one authorize user $11k.

Current scores
Experian 704
Inquiry 4 (utility companies and AT&T 😭)

TransUnion 697
Inquiry 2 (JCPenney & utility company)

Equifax 690
Inquiry 1 ( discover )

Let me know if I have a shot at this card 😇

Thank you everyone for reading my confusing writing ✍️ and thank you for the help
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Caesars rewards Rewards VISA

Don't have a clue on approval or sl but.....

Maybe you could log on to your Ceasar's Rewards  (Total Rewards?) acct and see if you can get the pop-up.  If you do get the pop-up read the terms and conditions thoroughly and make sure the app only asks (again) for the last 4 digits of SS#.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would NOT do it right now w/ new accounts until they age to 12 months at least.

Comenity is known to shutdown even approved accounts if there's too much activity on your profile.

Message 3 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Good morning everyone,

I wake up to an email for the Caesars rewards Rewards VISA

When I click on the email it takes to the page to apply for the card and it only ask me for the last 4 digits of my social security and some basic information is this a preaproval?

Would this card be a hard pull or a soft pull?

I currently have 3 cards all new accounts recently open in June and July.

I do visit Las Vegas frequently so this card would benefit me a lot Smiley Happy

Below is my credit profile
Discover $500
JCPenney $900
Overstock $400
Selflender $546
Capital one authorize user $11k.

Current scores
Experian 704
Inquiry 4 (utility companies and AT&T 😭)

TransUnion 697
Inquiry 2 (JCPenney & utility company)

Equifax 690
Inquiry 1 ( discover )

Let me know if I have a shot at this card 😇

Thank you everyone for reading my confusing writing ✍️ and thank you for the help

Do you really want another toy limit card? Once you’re in toy limit hell, it is difficult to get out. IMHO, dont apply for any more CCs until your AoYA is 12 months (July 2020). 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do it!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It probably will be a hard pull, I got the Caesars rewards visa last week SL $1000. Pop up came on the website and asked for last 4 SS#.
Message 6 of 10
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

Would you add your dp's to the thread:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-SP-SCT-Alive-Again-DP-Please/m-p/5685907#M236617

OP, it's true that there are no guarantees that only giving last four of social will result in a sp.  Just like @rockstar86 and even my DH a couple of weeks ago received a hp with only last 4 of SS#.

Now if you're wondering, (your last sentence) if you have a shot at it.....I'd try to get the pop-up just to gauge.  Good luck and let us know what you decide to do.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 10
pete19103
New Contributor

I have had this card for a couple years now and it will most likely be a hard pull... they used to have a soft pull option for  CLI but now its hard pull only, so I doubt they will do just a soft pull for a new acct.   The credit limit wont be anything huge(I started with a SL of $1,300 and now up to $3,300 with regular $500 CLI along the way. MY FICO was about 680 at application and now up to 730.  Just went 100K in total credit lines and Comenity still only at $3,300)    The card does offer a 10,000pt($100 in Caesars Rewards comps) SUB if spend $750 outside of Caesars properies in the first 90 days and 5x points on spend at Caesars properties and 2x on gas and groceries so decent but not great.   

I did an app spree a few months ago(5 cards in 4 months)  and no AA(adverse action) from Caesars or any of my other credit cards.

If you will use this card frequently in Vegas and get benefits from it(and you dont plan on applying for any other cards in the near future) then might be worth it.   Also put some spend on it even when not in Vegas (even if only for morning coffee, lunch etc...) and pay it off in full each month

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I wouldnt. Sp or hp, doesnt matter. This is a Comenity Visa. You could be approved and by the time the card reaches you, it could be closed due to it reaching a different department who sees 3 new cards in a month. Comenity does not like that , especially in regards to their Visas.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't even know Ceasars had a credit card lol. Do you spend that much time in that hotel to warrant a specific credit card?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.