cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Californians - I'm contemplating a Golden1 CC and have questions.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Californians - I'm contemplating a Golden1 CC and have questions.

I'm in the process of joining Golden1 CU, since we just moved to California. I went ahead and started creating a savings and checking account online. I got an email today requesting copies of DL and SS card, which I just finished uploading. I want to get a credit card from them, but not sure if my credit qualifies.

Credit looks like this:

AAoA 1 year 11 months.

Oldest acct 16 years

CC Utilization 4%

Positive trade lines 60

Total revolving credit $251k

Income $100k

Scores: Ex 671 / TU 691 / EQ 687

Inqs: 9 / 22 / 16

No baddies, except CH7 BK, discharged 05/2011

So, onto my questions:

Did they run my credit when I applied for membership?

Which CR do they pull?

Will they pull again if I app for a CC?

Do you think I can get a CC from there?

Do they require POI on new CC acct?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Californians - I'm contemplating a Golden1 CC and have questions.

IIRC, yes they run credit for membership and you will incur a separate HP for CC (EX I believe).  POI may be required if your total available credit exceeds income.  May not get the highest desired SL if approved but YEMV.  They are pretty conservative.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They run Chex for membership and eq for cc. Conservative. Make sure you app in branch. I heard they require 6 months membership before you can app for cc, but who knows.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmm.....this might not be the credit union I want. Anyone with a better, more lenient one? My objective is to have local banking that meets my needs. Chex systems doesn't bother me. I'm not in it.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heard good things about Western Federal if they are near you
Message 5 of 11
happypill
Valued Contributor

I did not get a HP when signing up for membership & checking/savings accounts.  Probably a Chex system inquiry.

They are conservative so they may not be fans of the BK on your record or the inquiries or the scores below 720.  Hard to say what really sets them off because there aren't that many data points out there.  Give it a try and report what you find out.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only see 2 people on credit pull database and one is me. No data on Fico scores below 800.

Message 7 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yes they are conservative. I applied online about 6 months ago and when it told me instantly approved for membership, I went ahead and applied for a card. It was later denied citing "adequate available credit". My membership was soon after revoked citing "excessive inquiries".
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I guess I could do something simple and just ask them what FICO model they use, which CR and what their score cutoff is,etc.

Message 9 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

You could ask. They weren't particularly friendly in my case but like everything I could have just gotten the grumpy CSR.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.