Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from Credit Card application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call from Credit Card application?

Do companies call you at work to verify anything like salary? I applied for a Home Depot card yesterday online and received the instant message that my application was under review. Today I had a voice mail on my work phone that was a recording saying, "please hold", and then the pause. My voice mailbox is set up not to keep recording those automated hold messages, so I never did find out who it was and the number was unknown. I don't have any outstanding bills that would have any collector calling, so it had me wondering.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Call from Credit Card application?

They very well may want to do a couple verification questions before making a decision, this is why I always use a cell phone on my applications so they can't say they were unable to reach me ever Smiley Happy  I would call just to follow up on your app and find out if it really was them calling.  It probably has nothing to do with verifying your work or salary but just a number you provided and they figure it's during day, they would reach you.

Message 2 of 3
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Call from Credit Card application?

I have gotten a call at work, to verify that I did make the application.  Quick check of address, phone.   Nothing else. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.