Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called Amex on Reporting, sigh :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called Amex on Reporting, sigh :(

So I got on my parents card as an AU on 2/15, I called their Credit Department # to 'request' being put on the report, they said that can take up to 6 months (!!!!).

I asked if I could do anything to expedite it (I am a good kisser) but they said no, it just goes through the system and can take that long.

Can anyone reading this who did get Amex in the last year or so update this thread and tell me how long it took?

One reason I did the AU was to up my score so I can get a few more cards of my own and re-establish credit, but I'd just as soon apply with what I've got if it means waiting six months intead. I figure if I get lower CL's I can always re-apply in a few months when my AU reports AND I've had a 3-6 month payment history with the new cards.

They do report last day of the month, right?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Called Amex on Reporting, sigh :(

Read the posts by others. Few weeks to Few months to Few years.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
Read the posts by others. Few weeks to Few months to Few years.

I guess I'll give them until April and then just for for it on my own.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

nyccu,

Have you made any charges to this account using the new card? I would think if they can record the activity on the new card they will also report to the card holders account.
Just a thought!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
nyccu,
Have you made any charges to this account using the new card? I would think if they can record the activity on the new card they will also report to the card holders account.
Just a thought!

I made charges as soon as I got it. Been charging everything I usually pay for in cash this month to get it up and running. Hopefully that will have some effect. Will keep everyone updated.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.