Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called Chase about CSP....Glad I Did!

tag
ElMayimbe
Contributor

Called Chase about CSP....Glad I Did!

So, I thought I'd share my convo with Chase credit rep with everyone. I was curious about a few known but unofficial prerequisites. I'll just list'em out below.

1. Credit profile with CC w/ 5k limits. --- Chase rep confirmed that is taken into consideration for approvals.

2. Being a Chase customer--- Rep also confirmed this is another aspect which increases approval odds.

3. Annual Income--- Rep also confirmed this weighs heavily on approval odds IF baddies present i.e Lates or AAOA is not up to snuff.

Gotta say I was very surprised with the honesty or perhaps how forthcoming she was regarding these unofficial prerequisite's. I have some 30day late baddies that are over 1 1/2 years old which stops me from app'ing, I meet all the other 'criteria'. Oh and this is my trophy card.

BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

Re: Called Chase about CSP....Glad I Did!

Man, I wonder how they feel about lates from 2007? I want to apply to this card next month. I tried getting an Amex BCE yesterday and was instant denied with my 734 FICO  .

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 2 of 9
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@E150GT wrote:

Man, I wonder how they feel about lates from 2007? I want to apply to this card next month. I tried getting an Amex BCE yesterday and was instant denied with my 734 FICO  .

Smiley Surprised How long did you have the Amex Green? 734 should be instant approval!

My scores are lower with instant approval, 5 months with Amex Green, 14 INQs.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got approved w 696 TU fico for Amex BCE...
Puzzling 0.o
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 9
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

You'll have to remember that AMEX has it's own internal risk score.  Your external CRA score could be high but sometimes that just doesn't cut it for AMEX.  I know, I applied for a BCP last year and was told I have had too many INQs and my that my internal risk score was too low.  I will try for the TrueEarnings once I get my house closed.  By then 6 months would have passed since my last app.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 5 of 9
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

I got the green in Nov. I think its because amex must have used the last soft pull which was in january and I had high util. I looked up my experian report and it hasnt showed any recent SP's. I really want the CSP and I am waiting my reports to update for that. Im just hoping the lates from 07 arent a problem

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 6 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Good luck with the app! CSP is the last card I would love to get myself Smiley Happy Gardening for CSP....ha ha 

Message 7 of 9
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Good luck with the app! CSP is the last card I would love to get myself Smiley Happy Gardening for CSP....ha ha 

Same here... I will app when my freedom hit 1 year or app it in 2014.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 8 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Same here... I will app when my freedom hit 1 year or app it in 2014.

Oh..nice to know that I am not alone - lets see if we can resist temptation until 2014 Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.