Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called Walmart back door number

tag
masseye
Contributor

Called Walmart back door number

I applied online last night for a Walmart card.....and was approved for the Walmart disc over..with a 950 credit line.....I called this morning to ask for a increase and after a few questions she came back and stated that she could only approve me for 1900.  Should I be happy?  This is my first Gecrb credit card. They pulled Tu my score is 712, utilization is 30percent.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Called Walmart back door number

@masseye wrote:

I applied online last night for a Walmart card.....and was approved for the Walmart disc over..with a 950 credit line.....I called this morning to ask for a increase and after a few questions she came back and stated that she could only approve me for 1900.  Should I be happy?  This is my first Gecrb credit card. They pulled Tu my score is 712, utilization is 30percent.

Congrats on your approval!!  Smiley Happy. The question is- are you happy about it?  I think a $1900 starting limit with Walmart is a good start!  I started I think with $500 and a 1.5 years later I am $9K on the regular store card.  GE will grow with you.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 11
masseye
Contributor

I don't know if I am happy or being silly.....a few yrs ago I would have been so  excited with 950 dollars...now that I have a nice portfolio........Nfcu-12k, Amex Zync, Amex platinum, CITI-6k,Chase Freedom-5k,Discover-1.1k, etc....I thought I would have gotten a nicer CLI......

i will see how it grows....the analyst said  I could call back before 4 months....when I have more of a payment history with them and ask for another CLI.

Message 3 of 11
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@masseye wrote:

I don't know if I am happy or being silly.....a few yrs ago I would have been so  excited with 950 dollars...now that I have a nice portfolio........Nfcu-12k, Amex Zync, Amex platinum, CITI-6k,Chase Freedom-5k,Discover-1.1k, etc....I thought I would have gotten a nicer CLI......

i will see how it grows....the analyst said  I could call back before 4 months....when I have more of a payment history with them and ask for another CLI.

Be happy!  Smiley Happy

This could can/will easily reach the CL levels of your Citi/Chase cards, and one call to UW (on a new account, no less) put it greater than your Discover.  Mine has gone from $900 to $4000 just this year, and this is common for the GE cards.  And, as an added bonus you get the free monthly TU Fico. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 4 of 11
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I really want to get this card because of the free TU and cause I Luke GE Smiley Happy

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, congrats on the approval and increase!

I got this card via pre-approval and got a $700 limit on the store card. I was thinking of calling in and asking for more, but I know the card will grow. I didn't want to risk anything since they gave me the card without a HP as well.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 11
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice! Since it's a GECRB backed card, it should grow nicely for you. Congrats!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 7 of 11
adavis425
Established Contributor

@masseye wrote:

Don't let it bother you. Follow what the rep says. I got a WMD in September with a starting CL of $800. Two months later I called and requested an icrease to $8000 and was approved. From my reading here, it seems they like to start quite low, but the lines grow like weeds. Congrats!

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 8 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Dont worry they grow quick.....they be reach somewhere around 5 to 10 after a year

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 11
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

yes be happy.

so its a 1.9k limit FOR NOW 

as long as your reports are clean and your util is down they will tread you nice 

now this is for the store card but im sure same policy applies for the discover version 

started at 800July-3000-october 5000-october  all this year 

when you get your card make sure to get your free fico 

i started at 724 and novmeber one said 743 so i was def pushing for that cli before my best buy util hit the reports. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.