Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling All Experts on Credit Cards

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Calling All Experts on Credit Cards

I get (and sometimes use) 0% for 18 month for 2% fee offers all the time on Capital One Siggy QS and World MC Venture.

I pay 2% fee then bank the money (like for big trip) then use Venture card and get 2% back and pay it and break even.

18 months of free money with no net fee or interest charges.

Makes a $10k trip quite a bit easier to deal with.

ALSO...Cap One does not play games with the balances.  Payments are applied in your best interest!!!

Min Payment paid first, then highest interst rate balance, then oldest promotion, in that order.

So if you have a $1000 balance at 15% and a $1000 balance at 0% and a $50 min payment, your $550 payment would be applied to the $1000 balance at 15% first.

They also tell you exactly how much to pay to avoid any new interest charges on each bill.

----------------------

Like in my case, I have $5,000 at 0%, then I charge like $3,000 per month, it may say I need to pay $1723.69 to avoid interest (I make payments weekly not monthly, so balances always weird.)

--------------------------

NEVER paid a dime in interest in 3 years and make about $100 per month from Cap One.  Could not be happier.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays and Capital One do it and I noticed if you apply for a new card with the same bank they will throw you a bone with an existing card as well.  I'm a big fan of the Discover offers they helped me out a lot

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hersheykisses wrote:

Other than Bank Of America cash reward card is there any other cards that constantly offer periods (18 months) with low or 0% interest?  Im not talking about introductory offers, Im talking about after you have the card.

Appologies if this has already been recommended though Citi Diamond Preferred is currently the longest running 0% interest card out there.  If memory servers it's a little more than 2 years of 0% interest.  It's also designed, like the slate, for BT's and "revolvers".  It even has a rewards structure which is rare for this type of card.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

C1 if you have good scores and limits will send you offers of 0 per cent balance transfers for 12 months.    

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.