Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all Unicorns!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: eeRe: Calling all Unicorns!

@DaveinSC wrote:

It appears that AMEX in Australia continues to offer the Zync card under another name: AMEX Essentials credit card. It's the same card blank, but this Essentials card is a credit card, and not a charge card. Interesting!

https://www.americanexpress.com/au/content/essential-credit-card/cm/?intlink=au-amex-cardshop-carous...Australia's AMEX Essentials Credit Card

I've seen the Unicorn...now I want it...Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 21
Fyre800
Established Member

Re: Calling all Unicorns!

I still have mine, but I hardly use it. Not planning on ever giving it up though.

Main cards:
NFCU Platinum $25k
Bank of America Alaska Airlines $20k
Message 12 of 21
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Yes, I was approved for the Everyday card in late 2014 after being transferred to Applications from Account Services and told to apply for a different type of card other than a charge card. This was after the Zync was discontinued, of course. Although I've seen other postings of roadblocks due to having an existing Zync, I did not have any problems. Unfortunately, I couldn't post my results during that time.
Message 13 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Still have it, though did see a 50K MR offer to ugprade to a Platinum yesterday and I did take a second look... so presumably there's some number that would make me give it up and we're just negotiating.

I know the rewards are meh, though I do take advantage of a few offers which offsets the $25 AF anyway and frankly it is still my favorite looking card for all it's simplicity and for all I don't use it that much other than a recurring NPR donation.

        
Message 14 of 21
kibarrow
Established Member

+1
No pre-set limit.. truly unique.
Seeing offers to upgrade to platinum with 60k reward bonus... still reluctant.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 15 of 21
kibarrow
Established Member

60k MR offer now.. but $550 AF and I don't do much Uber to benefit.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have mine. I get email and snail mail offers to upgrade mine to the PRG with a 15,000 MR bonus ($195 AF not waived for a year). No thank you.

I rarely use it and it has served its purpose with backdating (RIP AMEX backdating). Paying $25 a year to keep a card possibly rarer than a Centurian (just a guess) with backdating is worth every penny-especially when I get the AF back and more with Amex deals. 

I see how some of you guys rate....getting a 60,000 MR Platinum offer vs. my lowly 15,000 MR PRG. 

Message 17 of 21
kibarrow
Established Member

😁😃
Definitely more rare than Centurion. I've never met anyone who's not been curious as to where I obtained. In all honesty I will keep it until they pry it.
Message 18 of 21
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Interesting information. I was never aware of an entry-level Amex. I wished they would offer something now for new Amex members. I wound even take an Amex secured card. 

Amex is losing a new generation of card holders, and yet they do nothing to attempt to attract a younger generation.

"This isn't your father's Amex!" 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 19 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I recall seeing another (think it was 70K MR) offer not that long ago to upgrade to the Plat, still didn't take it.

As is I still check the offers every so often which just did now, $40 statement credit from contacts direct on brands that I use and I need to go spend my annual vision insurance anyway might as well get paid for it too.

Also $10 for dollar shave club, which is a service I use anyway.

$50 > $25, still pays for itself, still keeping it till Amex takes it away from me.  Still the same recurring NPR donation on it hah... it's basically one of three cards I will keep forever to anchor my credit report anyway.

        
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.