cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling for Walmart recon, what should I say?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Calling for Walmart recon, what should I say?

Actually not I, my husband Smiley Happy after reading someone else's post in here about being denied credit then calling the backdoor number and getting a $150 walmart store card, I figured I'll have my husband call for a recon. His scores are about the same as the other poster who was approved when calling for a recon, I just don't have any clue what he should say? All the collections on his CR are 5+ years old (and there's only 4). I've read people in this forum got approved for the walmart store with a 520 score! So I've gained back a little bit of hope with a recon. Just have no idea what to tell him to say lol anyone who's ever called any company for a recon before, what did you say? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Calling for Walmart recon, what should I say?

No one has tips for what to say?? lol c'mon I know someone in this forum has called for a recon before! I didn't even know you could do that until earlier today! lol So I really don't know what to tell my husband to say!

Message 2 of 21
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Are the collections paid and it would be very rare for someone to get approved with a 520 unless they where new to credit.
Message 3 of 21
twall06
Frequent Contributor

And you should recon no matter what since you already have the hp. Tell them how you wish to rebuild your credit and would like to have a relationship with them even if it is a low limit . If they ask about the collections explain them and how you fixed them or are fixing them. And that you want the card since you shop there so much.
Message 4 of 21
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

No the remaining collections haven't been paid yet but like I said they're all so old. His score isn't a 520, but I saw some comments that someone was approved for one with a 520. 

Message 5 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

No the remaining collections haven't been paid yet but like I said they're all so old. His score isn't a 520, but I saw some comments that someone was approved for one with a 520. 

I dont think they are going to care about them being old more than them being unpaid.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 21
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

I dont think they are going to care about them being old more than them being unpaid.

we're currently paying them off one at a time, but just because 5+ years ago we hit hard times doesn't mean were in the same situation now, and we haven't gotten ourselves in a situation we couldn't pay something in the past 5+ years. That's why I minchined how old they are. But I guess it doesn't matter to them, idk. We'll try for the recon anyway, the worst they'll say is no.

Message 8 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

we're currently paying them off one at a time, but just because 5+ years ago we hit hard times doesn't mean were in the same situation now, and we haven't gotten ourselves in a situation we couldn't pay something in the past 5+ years. That's why I minchined how old they are. But I guess it doesn't matter to them, idk. We'll try for the recon anyway, the worst they'll say is no.

I understand, it just doesn't look good apping for a new card with unpaid baddies. Do you have good explanations as to why they are not paid?? A creditor isn't going to want to hear "I'm letting them fall off".

You have to think about stuff like that on a recon.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.