cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone Tell Me What Card This Might Be?

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me What Card This Might Be?

@14Fiesta wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

On the Cash + application page, it says 

If you do not qualify for the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card, you will automatically be considered for the U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa Card that earns 1% cash back on all net purchases, but does not offer the 5% and 2% Cash+ Categories

But not sure if that is the card you seem to have got!  (No mention of "Select" in there)

longtimelurker is correct.

The Select Rewards Visa is a card only available through the down sell process. It's a points card, not cash back like the Cash Rewards Visa. I wish I was at work right now, so I could look it up and tell you for sure, but if memory serves me right, the Select Rewards is the down sold version of the Perks + Visa. 

Let me stop by the office later today and look that up and I can confirm that for you. 

That is extremely nice of you! But I think I figured it out, one card is academy of sports visa and the other card is yellow stone national parks visa, both cards are part of the US bank points system. 

Message 11 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

I am for sure going to close 1-2 of these cards, becase I went from 0 to too many Us Bank cards in 60 seconds and I really want to stay in with them. 

Message 12 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The Select card on their website appears to be a 1 point per 2 dollars spend card. Pretty much totally useless, although I understand you just wanted an in.
Message 13 of 22
willwar14
Valued Contributor

How many cards did you open?
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 14 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:
How many cards did you open?

I think i might keep that to myself haha. 

Message 15 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Thanks for correcting me.. For some reason I vaguely remember somone them not qualified for cash+ and mixed the two different cards and their prerequisite downgrades.... 

Hey Im not afraid to admit when i messed up..

Its still a booby prize for the card you really wanted...

-J

Message 16 of 22
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Quick update, I went in to look because it bothered me that I didn't know lol

The Select rewards Visa is a down sell of the FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa. If you apply for the Travel Rewards, but are unable to be given a $5,000 Visa Signature, you will be considered for the Platinum Visa Select Rewards, which, as mentioned a few posts above, is 1 FlexPoint per $2 in purchases, or 1.5 FlexPoints per $1 of charitable contributions. 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 17 of 22
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

@14Fiesta wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

On the Cash + application page, it says 

If you do not qualify for the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card, you will automatically be considered for the U.S. Bank Cash Rewards Visa Card that earns 1% cash back on all net purchases, but does not offer the 5% and 2% Cash+ Categories

But not sure if that is the card you seem to have got!  (No mention of "Select" in there)

longtimelurker is correct.

The Select Rewards Visa is a card only available through the down sell process. It's a points card, not cash back like the Cash Rewards Visa. I wish I was at work right now, so I could look it up and tell you for sure, but if memory serves me right, the Select Rewards is the down sold version of the Perks + Visa. 

Let me stop by the office later today and look that up and I can confirm that for you. 

That is extremely nice of you! But I think I figured it out, one card is academy of sports visa and the other card is yellow stone national parks visa, both cards are part of the US bank points system. 

So the yellow stone card gives points that can be used like all the other US Bank points? I could never figure out what the points were "worth" since they are very vague in their redemption description

Message 18 of 22
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I don't have US Bank, but that would be demoralizing applying for a card then finding out online it isn't he one you wanted.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 22
ddemari
Super Contributor

It's more so my fault lol but their website layout could
Be a bit more helpful
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.