cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CSR be your first card with Chase when ...

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Can CSR be your first card with Chase when ...

I have nothing from major cc providers. I have NFCU, Penfed, CapOne (less than 5K partly because I dont use it and they don't give me CLI), VX? I am AU on Chase card but that doesnt really count. Next month when I want to apply for Chase SR card, I want an approved app so was wondering if anyone has any DPs on this 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can CSR be your first card with Chase when ...

Personally, I don't see why not. As long as you have some decent history I imagine you'd be fine. I had 1 AMEX Charge card, 1 AMEX revolver, & Discover It reporting at the time I applied for the Ritz - none had limits above $4000, and Chase approved me (after 2 weeks) for more than triple my highest limit at that time. With Penfed and NFCU, as well as your AU Chase card I see no reason they wouldn't approve you provided that your scores are in the right zone.

Someone else may disagree but just my thoughts.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. I only had a Cap1 secured card with a $1,250 limit for a year when I apped for the CSR. I was instantly approved for 17k. I had mid 700s from all bureaus and 1 late payment from 3 years ago. I would think that as long as you don't have any serious negatives on your file, you would probably get approved. 

Message 3 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I am good in terms of any negative remarks, my reports are clean and AAoA is 3 years
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your profile sounds good to me. You should be approved with no issue then. Hopefully, you'll get a nice limit and be able to get the 100k bonus when you apply. The only thing that would/should be an issue is 5/24. How many accounts have you opened in the last 2 years?

Message 5 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

I am 4/24
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first card with Chase was a Chase Sapphire Preferred last year, with only my CU, an Amex BCE, and a Discover Miles card with an AAoA of about six months. While it isn't on the same 'tier', I can also say that my first card with Citi was the Citi Prestige I applied for this year. I don't necessarily think you need to 'climb' a credit provider or banks product offerings.
Message 7 of 9
driftless
Valued Contributor

My wife's first Chase card was the CSP last year as well when she just had two Cap One cards (since combined). Her SL was more than the two Cap One cards combined.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 8 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Thank you, next month I am going to give it a try and see how it goes. Thank you for all the feedback
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.