Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I BT from store card to Amex?

tag
silly34
Regular Contributor

Can I BT from store card to Amex?

Store card is HSBC Best Buy not MC/Visa. Just curious. Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I BT from store card to Amex?

Yes,

I BT my Best Buy store card balance to my AMEX clear.  Then I paid if off in full appx. 3 months later.

AMEX had a better rate and no fees.
Message 2 of 7
silly34
Regular Contributor

Ok excellent! This will lower our DTI ratio and show that card paid off. It's only a $2000 balance right now but are paying $80 month. What is the process for getting it transfered to Amex? Thanks!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call up Cust service and ask how to do it- they will help you. Don't forget to ask if there is a fee that will be added for doing so.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never called for a BT. You can do it on line.  I have transfered as much as $10K to my AMEX blue all on line.

I never call AMEX unless I can't find it on the website.  But some people prefer speaking to a rep.

Message 5 of 7
rudy
Regular Contributor

yes, you can call them or do it on line. you will need your card either way. they need that 4 digit number. you bt just about any debit if cl can handle it
Message 6 of 7
silly34
Regular Contributor

Can I BT just a portion or does it have to be all...this leads into my next question can you balance transfer vehicle loans (CrapOne!). Thanks! This opens up new opportunities!! B.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.