Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I PC my AMEX Hilton Honors to Costco

tag
Darius1976
New Contributor

Can I PC my AMEX Hilton Honors to Costco

Team,

i understand that AMEX i sjust the system that credit agencies use, so I was wondering if I could PC my AMEX Hilton Honors Rewards to a AMEX Costco Card.  Thank you so much in advance.

-Darius

$7500____________$5000____________$9000____________$2000____________$1800____________$5500
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
samm90
New Contributor

Re: Can I PC my AMEX Hilton Honors to Costco

Why not just open a TE? It will backdate and then you have both.
Discover Tu 730(2/14) DCU Eq 725(2/28)

Bouncing back from new accts and inqs. Hope to be back over 760 soon.
Message 2 of 8
Darius1976
New Contributor

i figured if i did a PC then they won't have to do a HP.  do they do HPs for PCs?

$7500____________$5000____________$9000____________$2000____________$1800____________$5500
Message 3 of 8
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Darius1976 wrote:

i figured if i did a PC then they won't have to do a HP.  do they do HPs for PCs?

No, they only do HPs (seeing that you're an AMEX member) if you request an CLI to an higher CL (say over 30k) or when you get approved for a card you applied for (not denials as they SP first usually)

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 4 of 8
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@Darius1976 wrote:

No, they only do HPs (seeing that you're an AMEX member) if you request an CLI to an higher CL (say over 30k) or when you get approved for a card you applied for (not denials as they SP first usually)

Pretty sure CLI's are SP's...? The only thing that can happen with those high CLI requests were the 4056-T requests?

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 5 of 8
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@efranklin23 wrote:

@Darius1976 wrote:

Pretty sure CLI's are SP's...? The only thing that can happen with those high CLI requests were the 4056-T requests?

I'm saying in general they wouldn't do a HP unless you request a amount that may go over your internal limits with them. AMEX is known for doing SP in most cases. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 6 of 8
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

I'm assuming you have a Costco membership? If you don't, the chance of them being able to PC is nonexistent. From what I've read, they will do it as long as you can provide your member ID number.

Message 7 of 8
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I haven't done a PC with Amex in several years so I am not sure what they would do in your case.  My experience with them was always that they would PC cards that had the same rewards structure but would not if they didn't.  If both cards were cash rewards, they would but if one was MR and one cash the answer to me was always no. In your case, one is Hilton points and the other is a cash rewards card, so my first impression is that you would probably have a hard time getting it done.  However, the only way to know for sure is to call and ask.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.