cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I ask Chase to only pull Experian for a future joint account?

tag
rottiesworld

Re: Can I ask Chase to only pull Experian for a future joint account?

I applied for BOA card and was denied because my Experian was froze. I checked sites and it stated they seem to always pull Experian.

I called BOA and explained that I had a problem with identity theft, and if they could pull another credit bureau which they did.

BOA pulled both Transunion and Equifax and were hard pulls. I explained that my credit is really good as I bought a house, and have a few auto loans showing paid.

I also just bought a new car for my Daughter and got .000003 lease.  They told me that yes my credit looks good and got approved for $2500.00

so it helps to call and to talk to the credit card company. I also had to do the same thing with Chase bank 1 year ago but only got approved for $500.00

I really think they will use Experian if you apply for their credit card.

Message 11 of 12
USF813
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I ask Chase to only pull Experian for a future joint account?

I believe Chase is a majority EX puller anyhow. I had EX frozen when I applied for the IHG card, and got the needs further review comment. When I called they said it was because EX was frozen. They didn't automatically try to pull TU or EQ. Others experience may vary though.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.