Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I attempt to coin a term?

tag
TilltedBrim
Regular Contributor

Can I attempt to coin a term?

App Mapping:  The process of avoiding inquiries from the same CRA while applying for new credit.  "Planning your route by mapping yourself around the same CRA in which you just received a HP for"  This may be accomplished by doing your homework to find out the most likely CRA that will pull paticualar CC applications.  Techincally a mini app spree could be accomplished simply by apping for three different cards that are all pulling one of the three CRA's.  This may decrease the chances of a denial because of the number of inquiries on ones report.  App Mapping

Please don't crucify me over my definition... I understand that I could be slaughtered with the wrong verbiage and simply put a horrible attempt at defining the term.  Just thought it was a clever new term for an age old practice.  

If there is a board or committe that I can put this before then I would like to submit an entry  Smiley Happy

After falling off the wagon while in the garden... And going 2 for 4 on a drapping spree I've finally received my coveted Discover More. And now I'll limp back to the garden.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I attempt to coin a term?

I don't like the word Mapping in this instance, but I like your ingenuity for infamity.

Mapping just seems too 'concrete' for something that isn't. 99% of the time isn't the same as 100%.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 2 of 6
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I like itSmiley Wink lol. Has a ring to it

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
mrcrush20
New Contributor

i like it as well

"i can see it now did you remember to AM ?"

Message 4 of 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@TilltedBrim wrote:

App Mapping:  The process of avoiding inquiries from the same CRA while applying for new credit.  "Planning your route by mapping yourself around the same CRA in which you just received a HP for"  This may be accomplished by doing your homework to find out the most likely CRA that will pull paticualar CC applications.  Techincally a mini app spree could be accomplished simply by apping for three different cards that are all pulling one of the three CRA's.  This may decrease the chances of a denial because of the number of inquiries on ones report.  App Mapping

Please don't crucify me over my definition... I understand that I could be slaughtered with the wrong verbiage and simply put a horrible attempt at defining the term.  Just thought it was a clever new term for an age old practice.  

If there is a board or committe that I can put this before then I would like to submit an entry  Smiley Happy

I think it is not intuitive and confusing. 

Message 5 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I do not like it. It took me a while to figure out why. I think its because mapping implies that the app is already there, similar to geographic features on a map.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.