cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change my Wells Fargo College Card?

tag
jperaltaa16
New Visitor

Can I change my Wells Fargo College Card?

This is my older credit card, but I wanted to know if I can upgrade or do a product change because it has no rewards on it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can I change my Wells Fargo College Card?

Hi @jperaltaa16 and Welcome to the forums.

Go to your wells Fargo account, click on your card,

Go to the yellow arrow "credit card service center" and click, then look for the option to change cards?

If you do not see options, call Wells Fargo # on the back of your card. Hope this helps!

This is what you should get?

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

You Should end up at a landing screen like this;

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Message 2 of 7
WasteMgmt
Regular Contributor

You should be able to. In the past wells did not allow a product change without losing the card history but that changed recently.

CapitalOne Venture X, CapitalOne Quicksilver, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Freedom OG, Chase Freedom OG, Amex BCE, Wells Fargo Autograph
Last application 5/2023
Message 3 of 7
James3
Contributor

One thing I've found very helpful with Wells Fargo (and most banks) is to call, ask to speak to someone about your credit card, and then ask that person all the questions you have. You can always say "I don't understand; please explain that again," as often as necessary. The person you talk with will be on a recorded monitored line and will be happy to answer as many questions as you have. I got away from this habit because there's so much info online, but I've done my best to reestablish the phone call recently. The Wells Fargo bankers (in branches) are usually more knowledgable than the tellers so you might also make an appointment to talk with one of them. 

Also, @M_Smart007 's advice is good too.

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 4 of 7
jperaltaa16
New Visitor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Go to the yellow arrow "credit card service center" and click, then look for the option to change cards?

If you do not see options, call Wells Fargo # on the back of your card. Hope this helps!

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Thank you so much! I do not see the option to change card but I will for sure call tomorrow about it.

Message 5 of 7
jperaltaa16
New Visitor

@WasteMgmt wrote:

You should be able to. In the past wells did not allow a product change without losing the card history but that changed recently.

Yeah I don't see it on mine so I will call tomorrow.

Message 6 of 7
jperaltaa16
New Visitor

Thank you will do!

@James3 wrote:

One thing I've found very helpful with Wells Fargo (and most banks) is to call, ask to speak to someone about your credit card, and then ask that person all the questions you have. You can always say "I don't understand; please explain that again," as often as necessary. The person you talk with will be on a recorded monitored line and will be happy to answer as many questions as you have. I got away from this habit because there's so much info online, but I've done my best to reestablish the phone call recently. The Wells Fargo bankers (in branches) are usually more knowledgable than the tellers so you might also make an appointment to talk with one of them. 

Also, @M_Smart007 's advice is good too.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.