cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I convert my kohls charge card with capital one??

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Can I convert my kohls charge card with capital one??

Hey everyone, I have had my capital one platinum mastercard for a few years now (my builder card) and its sitting at 1,000. My question is I have a kohls card with 1500 and i ALWAYS use that card, can i call and have them transfer the credit limit from capital one mastercard transfered to kohls so that i can cancel my mastercard but keep the long age it gives me? I hope i explained that correctly. I forgot to mention, kohl's is backed by capital one

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Can I convert my kohls charge card with capital one??

doubtful

Message 2 of 4
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

That would be a big fat no piece of coal in your stocking LOL

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lisamar81 wrote:

Hey everyone, I have had my capital one platinum mastercard for a few years now (my builder card) and its sitting at 1,000. My question is I have a kohls card with 1500 and i ALWAYS use that card, can i call and have them transfer the credit limit from capital one mastercard transfered to kohls so that i can cancel my mastercard but keep the long age it gives me? I hope i explained that correctly. I forgot to mention, kohl's is backed by capital one

+1 on the above posters.

Capital One will not transfer any limits to a private label credit card from any existing Visa or MC portfolio, regardless if you always use your Kohl's for every purchase.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.