Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get Amex 3x CLI?

tag
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Can I get Amex 3x CLI?

When I applied for this Delta card, my EQ score was 694 with 2% utilization.

My 60 day mark is coming up but my utilization has gone up to 40%. However, now I have only one card reporting a balance while previously there were two cards reporting a very small balance each.

Is there a chance I could still get approved for 3X CLI?
Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Re: Can I get Amex 3x CLI?

P.S: I'll be short of cash for sometime & can't bring utilization down.
Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 2 of 9
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Is the high utlization on your Amex card?

They usually use the last SP they have on file when conducting CLI, do you know what your file looked like when they SP you last?

Message 3 of 9
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

No, Amex is paid off in full.

How do I know when did they SP me & how can I check my file at that point of time? I have SW
Message 4 of 9
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

You can get the SP's by looking at  your reports with the CB directly.  The easiest way is to get your annualcreditreport.com reports.  These are pulled directly from the CB and will show HP and SP.  Experian is the one you want to look for with Amex.

Message 5 of 9
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

Do they take a look at current Amex utilization?
Message 6 of 9
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Yes!!  The only difference when I got my CLI was 90 days more age and $0 balance.  On my previous denial for CLI I had a balance of roughly 30% dropped to zero and wham CLI.

Message 7 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm in a similar situation and have decided to wait on the CLI. While it would be nice and help overall util a bit, I don't want to push my luck with them. It could be fine, but the high util could be a red flag in combination with your wanting to raise your CL with them. IMO, better to err on the conservative side and not CLI until your util has gone down.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with bichonmom.... great advice as usual.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.