cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get any good cards with these scores?

tag
creditgirl
Regular Contributor

Can I get any good cards with these scores?

Okay, my dh's scores are TU-658, EQ-630 & EX-684. He has 2 collections that are both over 2 1/2 yrs old. One of them is medical and I'm sure we can have it removed. The other, we aren't sure what it is, so we are doing research.  His income is about $65000/yr. He only has 2 revolving accounts on his credit report. One is Crown Jewelers and the other is an old First Premier card that is showing a balance but is closed. I could pay that off now, but we've been paying on it monthly. We just applied for a Household Bank card and he got only $500, but it's a start.

Are there any other cards he may be able to get? Just trying to see if we can get maybe 1 or 2 more just to use and build his score more? We got approved for a mortgage a while ago, but wanted to do some more building and get a better rate in another year or two.

Thanks!

FICO 9/1/07 FICO 9/26/07
TU--534 TU--538
EX---552 EX---562
EQ---454 EQ---454
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can I get any good cards with these scores?

With his ex score   he could try   BofA   i  think he will get in  if not might counter with 99/500 deal , Amex is a possibility also with his Ex score.   Tu  score should get him Hooters MC (if you don't have a problem with that  Smiley Happy   ) His  EQ score is a little low a secured  card from  a CU since most go with  EQ  might be an option.

At any rate go to  whogavemecredit.com and  use the database to give you an idea of what approvals and denials people get  with similar scores and  blemishes on their files.

hth
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Can I get any good cards with these scores?

Cabelas seems to be giving out there visa card like candy lately.
they will probably cut your initial cl in half but that happens before you even get it, so no biggie.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.