Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get three Amex cards in a week?

tag
frank784
Contributor

Can I get three Amex cards in a week?

I'm reading mixed responses so wanted to clarify if I could get three Amex cards in a week? I applied and got approved for a Delta Gold card as well as a Amex gold charge card on Saturday. Got an alert on Monday that they hard pulled me so was wondering if I could apply for another card without automatic denial? I'm trying to see the hard rule on Amex credit cards vs Charge cards. 

Since they already hard pulled me if I could get the Amazon business card I would take the chance but if it's an automatic denial it's not worth the time of course. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I get three Amex cards in a week?

Someone else with more AMEX experience can tell you 100% for sure--but I've heard the max is 2 cards within a 90 day period.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only two credit cards in a 90 day period. You can still get charge cards in addition to that. You're good to go.

I apped for Amex Ameriprise Plat, Ameriprise Gold, and Delta Gold all on the same day and was instant approved for all three.

More recently, I apped for the Amazon prime business card (credit card), instant approved, a day or two later apped for the blue business plus (credit card), instant approved, then a week or so later I forgot about the 2/90 rule and apped for the Hilton aspire card (credit card), went pending. Then that same night I apped for the Amex Gold card (charge card), instant approved. I called Amex the next day about the Aspire card, ultimately they let me close the amazon card and then approved the Hilton card. The cherry on top? The $125 Amazon GC applied to my Amazon balance pretty much as soon as I was approved for the card. An Amex rep told me that Amazon gives out that bonus, so if I were to close the card (as I did) I would still get to keep it.

As an aside, maybe the amazon business card truly is better for you, but consider the Blue Business Plus, it gives 2x MR for all purchases and there's a 10k MR SUB you can find linked on uscreditcardguide (it's $3k min spend tho :/)
Message 3 of 5
frank784
Contributor

Thanks. I was thinking I could get two credit cards and a charge card inside of 90 days but wasn't 100% so wanted to check. 

I have an amazon business on the side and the 5% would come in pretty handy. I have debated about the BBP as well but if I were to do that I would want to wait a little. I have a few thousand of spend to do with my Delta Gold and Amex Gold card currently. 

Thanks again

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have $6k in SUBs to hit aside from the $3k on the BBP so I might just have to skip this one myself
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.