Can I reasonably consider this "income?"

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Can I reasonably consider this "income?"

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Damn I should put my roommates income on my application since we live in the same househould.. Our combined household income is in excess of 300k.. Imagine the creditlines I could get?  Anyways, we each have our opinion and I respect that, best of luck OP either way.

If I can include someone I can "reasonably rely upon" to help me financially, I could include my BF and all my friends.  So, my income is well over $10M.

And if just including my BF, it's like $750K. 

I can only imagine the CLs I'd get if I followed the "use your parents' income" rationale...

Imagine a 20 year old with the income of both his parents.  While in college.  Hmm.

750k, Nice.

Real estate?

Close. Mortgage industry. Owner.

And I still rent. But he's here enough... that should count, right? I need that Centurion...  

Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Damn I should put my roommates income on my application since we live in the same househould.. Our combined household income is in excess of 300k.. Imagine the creditlines I could get?  Anyways, we each have our opinion and I respect that, best of luck OP either way.

If I can include someone I can "reasonably rely upon" to help me financially, I could include my BF and all my friends.  So, my income is well over $10M.

I can only imagine the CLs I'd get if I followed the "use your parents' income" rationale...

Imagine a 20 year old with the income of both his parents.  While in college.  Hmm.

750k, Nice.

Real estate?

And I still rent. But he's here enough... that should count, right? I need that Centurion...  

His money is your money, and your money is your money, so yeah... follow other's logic and apply 4 dat centurion! Smiley LOL

Message 32 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

750k, Nice.

Real estate?

Makes sense. Markets went nuts in town this year and people I know that barely squeaked by $200,000 last year are set to clear 4-5 times that this year. Smiley Surprised

I'm in the wrong business. Smiley Indifferent

Message 33 of 44
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@juggar wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

I strongly disagree with the assertion that it is reasonable to include your parents income.  

A Reasonable Expectation can be seen as access to a spouse or live in partner's income, not parents, children, etc.  That is not a stretch, IMO it is flat out dishonest.

"household income" means just that. It cannot be argued. If some person lives in your house and you can count on them then that means its ok to use their income. 

You are 100% INCORRECT.  I strongly strongly suggest that you read the CARD Act and understand what they mean by it, they spell it out very clearly.  

Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Makes sense. Markets went nuts in town this year and people I know that barely squeaked by $200,000 last year are set to clear 4-5 times that this year. Smiley Surprised

well... there's always MS Smiley LOL

Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

well... there's always MS Smiley LOL

Ice cream won't get me where I want to be! Smiley Sad

Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

question. why not just apply for discover it student card? or does it have the same 10k income requirement?

Message 37 of 44
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

Y'all need to read the actual terms of the 2009 CARD Act. The original Act required CCCs only to look at an individual's ability to pay - that is, personal income, not household income.

The subsequent amendments which ease that requirement allows spouses and unmarried partners who are 21 or older and don’t work outside the home, apply for credit based on shared income.  It's specifically designed for spouses/partners who stay-at-home, not for employed children who rely on money from their parents. 

Essentially, it's household income from a taxable standpoint - the way a married or domestic partnership would consider income.  Not the OP or others in this thread saying they do it.

+1

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 38 of 44
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for citing the 2009 CC ACT.   Crickets.

Message 39 of 44
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thank you for citing the 2009 CC ACT.   Crickets.

Lol.

Signature needs updating
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.