Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reopen my account???

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Can I reopen my account???

i closed my CareCredit card with a 6500 limit because I figured I could just save money an pay for the procedure I want outright but my mom is really upset because I told her she could use it for her tummy tuck. I tried to reapply and denied. I initially opened it on Mar 2. Is there any way I could get them to reopen???
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I reopen my account???

@icyhot wrote:
i closed my CareCredit card with a 6500 limit because I figured I could just save money an pay for the procedure I want outright but my mom is really upset because I told her she could use it for her tummy tuck. I tried to reapply and denied. I initially opened it on Mar 2. Is there any way I could get them to reopen???

Very unlikely. Call and ask but be prepared for a no.

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:

Can't she apply herself?

Message 3 of 19
icyhot
Valued Contributor

No she has a terrible credit file. Scores are in the 400s
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:

Oh, Ouch.

Co-application? Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I think with Synchrony I can't get approved for another card with them if I've had a denial in 3 months, and I was denied for the Walmart an BR card. So it's probably a no go

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but why would you let her use your card when she is that irresponsible with money?

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but why would you let her use your card when she is that irresponsible with money?

I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement there.

400's scores could be caused by medical catastrophe.

Message 8 of 19
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Yeah.....she's not terrible with money I have her as an AU on my Macy's card and she makes payments every month. She had a foreclosure some years back and also some delinquent student loans. She doesn't have any credit cards

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
Yeah.....she's not terrible with money I have her as an AU on my Macy's card and she makes payments every month. She had a foreclosure some years back and also some delinquent student loans. She doesn't have any credit cards

I didn't mean to sound like I was judging sorry. If you trust her with your money then that's great and maybe you can help her get back on her feet. 

As for the closed account you are likely out of luck. If you give us a little info about your credit maybe we can help you find a card to get?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.