cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upgrade my Southwest card to Visa Sig?

tag
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Can I upgrade my Southwest card to Visa Sig?

Hello,

I've had the Southwest Premier card for a couple years and orginally when I got it I was approved for Chase Freedom $1.5k limit and then applied for Southwest and was approved for the Premier card with a $4.5k limit. I called Chase and had them combine my Freedom into my Southwest so that I had a total credit limit of $6k (this was over 3 years ago now). Is there anyway they will upgrade my card to the Visa Siggy? It's just a regular Visa currently. 

Thank you!

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Can I upgrade my Southwest card to Visa Sig?

Doesn't look like the Southwest card is issued in the "Signature version" or at least it's not shown on the Chase or Southwest site that way.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/default

I know the Freedom and Freedom Unlimited has a Signature Version because I have one.

Message 2 of 7
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

One of my friends who I actually referred was approved and got the Visa Sig Southwest card...this was a couple years ago so maybe they don't offer it anymore? 

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 3 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Just double checked again and under the "Travel Protection Benefits", it shows "Signature" which is the only place I see it listed. 

So if they do actually offer it (you can always call Chase and ask), it looks like the Signature benefits are pretty limited.

Message 4 of 7
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I just called Chase and she immediately switched my card over to the Visa Sig and it should be arriving within 3-5 business days. That was easy lol 

Message 5 of 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

I stand corrected - Congrats !! 

Message 6 of 7
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Banks will normally upgrade you to a higher tier card if your eligible for it. It means higher interchange fees for them.

The only lender that I’ve seen on these forums that doesn’t want to budge on this is Barclays and the Uber card.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.