cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Explain how the Apple Daily Cash Works?

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Can Someone Explain how the Apple Daily Cash Works?

I've earned $85 already in the last 2 weeks, and can't, for the life of me figure out how I've earned so much. I've had the card a little over 2 weeks.

All I've purchased is an iPhone11Pro for $1,133, two iTunes products ($2.99 & $19.99). I called Apple but I was on hold so long after being transferred twice that I finally just hung up. One person told me that I earn 3% on everything, even installment payments or any additional payments. This just doesn't even sound right to me. Can someone help me undertand how the daily cash works? I am also calling @Anonymous 'cause he probably knows all the ins and outs of the Apple daily cash. Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can Someone Explain how the Apple Daily Cash Works?

All of the purchases you listed above earn 3%. Anything from Apple will earn 3%. 

The weird thing is though, the amounts you're showing here don't line up. You're actually at over 7%. $85 should take about $2333 in purchases. 🤔 

Message 2 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

If you recently got the card there was 2 variants of a SUB... but it might be what netted you 50$.. (one variant required spend at walgreens if i recall, the other was just 50$ if you used the apple card. (for an apple service) ... Dont quote me on the specifics but the dollar amount was that)

https://9to5mac.com/2020/07/01/new-apple-card-promo-offers-50-bonus-when-you-sign-up-for-an-apple-se...

-J

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, didn't they add a $50 SUB?

$85-$50 = $35

$35 / .03 = $1166.67 (rounded)

ETA: Got ninja'd lol

ETA2: Heres the info - looks like the App Store triggered it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2020/07/01/new-apple-card-promo-offers-50-bonus-when-you-si...

Message 4 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Think both @Anonymous and I were trying to post at the same time.... and i edited the post with the link while he was typing...

-J

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Think both @Anonymous and I were trying to post at the same time.... and i edited the post with the link while he was typing...

-J

😂 

Great minds and such. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All of the purchases you listed above earn 3%. Anything from Apple will earn 3%. 

The weird thing is though, the amounts you're showing here don't line up. You're actually at over 7%. $85 should take about $2333 in purchases. 🤔 

Exactly!!!  That's why I'm so confused. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

If you recently got the card there was 2 variants of a SUB... but it might be what netted you 50$.. (one variant required spend at walgreens if i recall, the other was just 50$ if you used the apple card. (for an apple service) ... Dont quote me on the specifics but the dollar amount was that)

https://9to5mac.com/2020/07/01/new-apple-card-promo-offers-50-bonus-when-you-sign-up-for-an-apple-se...

-J

Thanks @joltdude   Now, this makes  sense. You would think even one of the two CSRs I spoke to would have been able to tell me this. Wow! What a nice sub. 

Message 8 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait, didn't they add a $50 SUB?

$85-$50 = $35

$35 / .03 = $1166.67 (rounded)

ETA: Got ninja'd lol

ETA2: Heres the info - looks like the App Store triggered it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5mac.com/2020/07/01/new-apple-card-promo-offers-50-bonus-when-you-sign-up-for-an-apple-service/amp/

Yep @Anonymous   You and @JoltDude hit the nail on the head. That's it!  Thanks so much you two!

Message 9 of 10
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

If you set up "Apple Cash" (a seperate card that collects your $%back) you can see that in your Apple Wallet on your phone.  If you tap in there, it will show you how much you've got and each transaction that you accumulated it from.  You can then have that amount redeposited to any bank account you choose or use it like Zelle/Venmo to pay a friend or something.

If you did not choose to have it go to Apple Cash, it stays tied to just the Apple Card and you can apply it back to the account.  By "applying to an Apple Cash Card" you can see all the details per transaction each time one is made.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.