cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Someone Shed some insight on US Bank for me?

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Can Someone Shed some insight on US Bank for me?

I did find one thing out from US Bank and that is they are not BK friendly at all. They are the servicer for Fred Meyers CC and I was denied for having a 3 yo BK on my file.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

USbank is a weird beast. Will give me 2.49% auto finacing but wont ever budge on giving me a credit card. 

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

Just talk to someone, they aren't going to bite.

I would like to believe you ... but your avatar is a dog, and dogs have on occasion been known to bite ... Smiley Surprised so might be a set up.

Lol. But yeah OP, best to have your brother talk to someone. Good luck to him!

Message 13 of 19
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I would like to believe you ... but your avatar is a dog, and dogs have on occasion been known to bite ... Smiley Surprised so might be a set up.

Smiley LOL

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

you can always use a muzzle on a dog to prevent biting

now you can stop your dog from biting and humiliate it at the same time! Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

USbank is a weird beast. Will give me 2.49% auto finacing but wont ever budge on giving me a credit card. 

CC = unsecured revolving debt.

Auto Loan = term loan collateralized by vehicle.

Message 16 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CC = unsecured revolving debt.

Auto Loan = term loan collateralized by vehicle.

To be fair I'm not certain there's any other major bank that currently offers that APR on an auto loan to anyone who isn't qualified for every credit card product they have at least from a score and likely file perspective.

        
Message 17 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I have been helping my brother establish credit. He has a few cards, low balances, some inquiries, 710 FICO.

He apped for Platinum Visa with US Bank yesterday and receieved a message with something along the lines of you will be notified in writing within 10 days.

I told him to call the status line and he did. entered his social and it says sorry i am unable to located your credit card application, please hold while I transfer you to a CS agent. He then hung up lol. 

He is a lil new to the card process, anyone else have call the US Bank status line and their app was not found? 

I believe about 90-95% of their apps go into manual review, so it's normal as far as the 7-10 day message.

Usually, app systems do not update right away after you app. It may be it only polls the data every day or two. I'd just check again in a day or so.

Message 18 of 19
thatguy1
Contributor

US Bank is the most conservitive bank I have ever dealt with.

I have a few bank accounts with them and a secured $500 CC. They wouldn't touch my auto loan or do anything else for me. No open collections, judgements, or BK.

I don't even waste the HP with them, now I go straight to everyone else.

$15,400 - $1400 Just Unsecured- $10500 - $2300
123 Rewards AU $1500 - BofA AU $2300 - Discover It AU $7200 - Discover It AU $8000
~505 EQ in Jan of 13, now at EQ 690 / TU 674 / EX 681 according to myFICO.com.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.