cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a NFCU Product Change Result In Higher CL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a NFCU Product Change Result In Higher CL?

I sort of asked this for Amex already, and I'm thinking that generally speaking, these are two different requests so the answer is no, but if I'm sitting at a $3k limit on my Cash Rewards and product change to a Flagship, is it possible that I get the higher SL (which I read elsewhere is $5k) without taking any hits. I currently a have pending CLI request on that card, and I also see that I apparently qualify for any additional card of my picking with them, but I'm trying to better position myself for a mortgage in a few months so I'm trying to squeeze out any extra credit I can to get my utilization down without adding more CC's (started at 89%, down to around 54% across my CC's). Utilization is high on the Cash Rewards but it was higher when I got my last CLI. 

Any hope? Or did I answer my own question? In my mind I feel like I'll ask for the PC and they'll just give me the increase because they're so awesome lol. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ntx
Regular Contributor

Re: Can a NFCU Product Change Result In Higher CL?

Hi @Anonymous  - 

You will need to have the NFCU card you want to product change for at least a year before they will change it. I just found this out myself.

Good luck with your CLI though, and hopefully it will bring you up to the minimum $5k for the Flagship ( or more Smiley Happy )

How did you apply for the CLI? I believe website and app are soft pull, if you call in it's a hard pull. 

How far away are you from applying for a mortage? 

NTX

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ntx 

Thanks! I did it through the app, and I expected it to be denied when it wasn't instant, but I've read around and seen that many are indeed getting increases after a few days. We are hoping to get the ball rolling in the next month or so, I've managed to get an extra $1100 on Macy's, $2300 on Synchrony Ashley Furniture (now the largest CL I have @ $4500), and another $1100 on PayPal. My score is rising by the month, utilization dropping like a bad habit, just hoping NFCU will show some love too. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You would need to get the card up to a $5K limit before they will PC it to Flagship because that's the minimum credit limit for a Signature with them. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I just called and you are 100% correct. My CLI was denied and their "cards you qualify for" are not guaranteed approvals (I think I knew this but forgot). 

Oh well... back to the lab. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the denial. At least it doesn't cost a HP to find out anymore. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.