Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an simple Upgrade hurt credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can an simple Upgrade hurt credit?

Hello all, Quick question for you bright people on here. So I recently upgraded my non rewards Cap1 platinum to the no af QS card which earns cash back. My question is, in doing this did i shoot myself in the foot by causing the age and payment history of my platinum to close due to the change? Or would it continue as normal on the credit bureaus?

The rep advised me nothing about my account has changed, same card # and same account number just simply a product change.

I thought maybe some of you have gone through this and maybe be able to shed some light on this.

Does a product change cause any changes with you credit profile?

P.s the prodyct change was a SOFT inquiry.

Thanks guys.
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Can an simple Upgrade hurt credit?

There will be no change, same TL, same opening date. Everything stays the same as far as CR. The only difference is you get some cash back. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC with cap one is generally same account number. The credit burros wont even know the difference. I PC capital one twice in one month, no harm done.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will probably be in the craptastic cap one bucket, so CLIs will be difficult. 

Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all, Quick question for you bright people on here. So I recently upgraded my non rewards Cap1 platinum to the no af QS card which earns cash back. My question is, in doing this did i shoot myself in the foot by causing the age and payment history of my platinum to close due to the change? Or would it continue as normal on the credit bureaus?

The rep advised me nothing about my account has changed, same card # and same account number just simply a product change.

I thought maybe some of you have gone through this and maybe be able to shed some light on this.

Does a product change cause any changes with you credit profile?

P.s the prodyct change was a SOFT inquiry.

Thanks guys.

Nope. You're good.

Congratulations on the upgrade.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

You will probably be in the craptastic cap one bucket, so CLIs will be difficult. 

This card obviously means something to OP, "bucket" or not. They will cross that bridge when they get there. 

No need to rain on their parade. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.