Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can credit accounts be combined?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can credit accounts be combined?

I have 2 questions:

1. I declared Chapter 7 BK in 2005. At that time I had 2 credit cards that were paid in full.  I did not declare them in the BK, but the bank closed them any way.  They are listed on my crecit report as "included in bankruptsy".  Can I dispute this?  If so, how should it be listed?
  2. After BK, I obtained 2 secured credit cards that were later automatically converted to unsecured cards. My CR lists the secured cards as "closed at consumer request"; I was given new account numbers for the unsecured cards. My FICO took a hit because of this.  Can the bank combine the accounts to increase the amount of time of open accounts in good standing?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Can credit accounts be combined?

@Anonymous wrote:
2. After BK, I obtained 2 secured credit cards that were later automatically converted to unsecured cards. My CR lists the secured cards as "closed at consumer request"; I was given new account numbers for the unsecured cards. My FICO took a hit because of this.  Can the bank combine the accounts to increase the amount of time of open accounts in good standing?

Probably not,  but which banks?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.