That link is for the RC card
Message 42 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't Apply for Arrival+?

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
That's what I figured...looks like it'll be ring if the rumors are true

I'd argue that despite lack of rewards, Ring is a more worthwhile PC than the normal Arrival for sure!

Totally, the normal arrival is garbage unless your just gonna sd it since you don't wanna close the account...actually the ring will probably be sd as well but at least there is a small chance it might be useful 

Message 43 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That link is for the RC card

Can't tell I'm too busy today!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy  Give it a whirl.  They're handing out some hefty sl's!

Message 44 of 96
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

I guess my big question is how concerned we need to be about cleaning points out of A+ in the near future. I met the spend threshold for the bonus and I've got nearly $700 toward travel sitting there. I'll definitely be spending some of it this summer, but I'm thinking it would be wise to clean it out and not have to worry if they opt to nerf my current account before the renewal date.

Thanks good people of MyFICO for keeping me in the loop with these changes!

Message 45 of 96
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

My wife and I have both the Arrival and Arrivals + card. We are not elig for the DC or CSP because we still have a BK showing on our record. We also each have the CO Venture cards. These cards are worthwhile for persons who are not eligible yet with other lenders. It is best not to make a blanket statement that the Arrivals card is "worthless" as while that may apply to you it does not necc apply to all others.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 46 of 96
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@morgacj2004 wrote:

My wife and I have both the Arrival and Arrivals + card. We are not elig for the DC or CSP because we still have a BK showing on our record. We also each have the CO Venture cards. These cards are worthwhile for persons who are not eligible yet with other lenders. It is best not to make a blanket statement that the Arrivals card is "worthless" as while that may apply to you it does not necc apply to all others.

Right, obviously the disclaimer is that "if you can get something else you should" (in my opinion). Not everyone is obviously able to access the alternatives, though you didn't mention Quicksilver -- that offers 1.5% redeemable for everything -- depending on your habits and what you want to redeem, that could still be better than a restricted 2%. It all depends.

Message 47 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disdreamin wrote:

I guess my big question is how concerned we need to be about cleaning points out of A+ in the near future. I met the spend threshold for the bonus and I've got nearly $700 toward travel sitting there. I'll definitely be spending some of it this summer, but I'm thinking it would be wise to clean it out and not have to worry if they opt to nerf my current account before the renewal date.

Thanks good people of MyFICO for keeping me in the loop with these changes!

Ditto. 

We'll use up the bulk of our points on a trip this summer. It's been our main non-category card since April. But given: 

• impending nerfing
  • small limit
  • can't get text alerts (helpful to my workflow for DH's spending)

I may move to DC for this purpose sooner rather than later. I'd rather get into a groove then have to switch early next year. Maybe. I guess I figure out how much the extra .22% would get me in the meantime. 

Let's see at $2k a month it'd be $4.40 per month (assuming I got to use it all before nerfing). That sort of puts it into perspective. Switching yet again MAY just cause DH's head to explode, but it'll keep me from having to watch the limit like a hawk. That's definitely worth something. 

ETA: Plus, it has the added benefit of letting kdm feel vindicated. Smiley Wink (said respectfully...you have an opinion, you share it, but I never think you go too far with it...this is a tease)

Message 48 of 96
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I just closed my Arrival +. Barclay is a joke of a company to begin with. Add that to the fact they are seriously devaluing the card and it should be a no brainer that it's no good. For serious travelers this isn't the best card. This is good for people who eat out and can meet the spend req. If you are a road warrior you are better off with the Prestige, Platinum, Delta or other high travel card that gives you companion fares, lounge access and upgrades. 

Message 49 of 96
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No FTF, Chip&Pin.  Show me the free alternative that offers both of those.

BoA travel Rewards

Message 50 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.