Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Apply for Arrival+?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't Apply for Arrival+?

I'm not sure what the policy is to linking to external sites so I'll just let you google it but it's official and it sounds like it's exactly what was reported in the original post. Current benefits still good until Aug 16 for new cardmembers after 10/1/14 only good thru Novemeber of this year for cardmembers before 9/30/14
Message 61 of 96
jsucool76
Super Contributor

redemption bonus confirmed at 5%

minimum redemption confirmed at 10000 points ($100) up from 2500 (25$)

Message 62 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that is a typo though because the current minimum redemption is 2500 not 5000 but the new is definitely 10000
Message 63 of 96
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:
Eh. This card is still one of the best options for international non bonus spend. And working offline PIN support means you won't be holding up a line at a train station. The DC or Venture or BoA TR don't meet those requirements.

If you don't see the value in it, you're using it wrong.

If the argument here is that the card is now "worthless" because the cash back is 2.1% instead of 2.2%? Really?

If your offering is a "flop" then you don't decrease benefits -- you either kill off the entire line or increase benefits to attract new customers.

I'll be keeping mine. Smiley Happy

I didn't realize chip and pin and FTF are a huge deal to people. I don't need the chip and pin and the FTF are irrelevant. The rewards are ok. But for 150k BC points you get $1500 in travel with $75 kick back.....I'd rather rack up the same points  and transfer to an airline for a better dollar value. It was on the chopping block any how. We can go in circles, fact is everyone has different spending and to some the Arrival is precious whereas to others it's not.

Message 64 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:
Eh. This card is still one of the best options for international non bonus spend. And working offline PIN support means you won't be holding up a line at a train station. The DC or Venture or BoA TR don't meet those requirements.

If you don't see the value in it, you're using it wrong.

If the argument here is that the card is now "worthless" because the cash back is 2.1% instead of 2.2%? Really?

If your offering is a "flop" then you don't decrease benefits -- you either kill off the entire line or increase benefits to attract new customers.

I'll be keeping mine. Smiley Happy

I didn't realize chip and pin and FTF are a huge deal to people. I don't need the chip and pin and the FTF are irrelevant. The rewards are ok. But for 150k BC points you get $1500 in travel with $75 kick back.....I'd rather rack up the same points  and transfer to an airline for a better dollar value. It was on the chopping block any how. We can go in circles, fact is everyone has different spending and to some the Arrival is precious whereas to others it's not.

You obviously don't use your travel cards for international travel... I've put over 7k USD in international charges on my Arrival+ in the last 2 months.

Message 65 of 96
jsucool76
Super Contributor

would get a better return on the premier or Prestige card. jussayin
Message 66 of 96
axlm
Regular Contributor

Are those changes for both, the Arrival and Arrival+? Or only the AF version?

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 67 of 96
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@axlm wrote:

Both

Message 68 of 96
axlm
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@axlm wrote:

Both

Dang! Thanks

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 69 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
would get a better return on the premier or Prestige card. jussayin

I would get better returns from a card with a 450USD AF on my non-airline and hotel travel costs based off spend in non-bonus categories?  Strange, because it sure looks like the prestiege doesn't do that... let's look here.

3x on air and hotels, but I use points for that so I don't have those fees... useless.

2x on resturants, and entertainment.  CSP already covers 2x on resturants and has 2x on all travel (which includes things like taxis and trains, which I do use).  Entertainment... ooh, so the once every 2 months I might think about going to the movies will get me extra points!

1x everywhere else, same as my CSP.

Then there's the fact that it's TY points, which are NOT transfer partners with the airlines and hotels I use, Chase offers FAR more for that.

Tell me again, how does the prestiege give me a better value than the (current) Arrival+ for redemention against my NON-air/hotel travel expenses for my daily spend that are not in bonus categories?

Message 70 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.