Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call Chase love!!

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Can't call Chase love!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a CO with Chase (a department store card through Chase), that was CO'd in 2005. It has since fallen off of my reports. I applied for the Chase Freedom yesterday and got the 7-10 day message. I called the recon number, and they asked me to explain that CO. I basically told them I was young (18) with my first job, which I then lost and was unable to pay it. He said I answered it satisfactorily and approved me for $3000. So glad I tried it!

I agree it's possible to get back in with chase after having a Chase unpaid collection. The key is having current clean credit, which I do not, because of the one remaining collection. Will try again around this time next year.Between now and then I will pay off Amex in order to get off their blacklist.And will switch my focus by going after cards I've never had,Discover,Citi,Barclay,GE, & Credit Unions.Will attempt these in march.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 11 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Have you tried a PFD with the remaining collection MH?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

LS

Do you think PFD is tolerant with new applicants with older collection on their credit history? I only have the one but at this point I'm a little gun shy because of the consecutive rejections.

Goal 750 Across

Message 13 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Sorry!! I mis-understood your post. I would like to pay off the debt but its not possible until the 7 year mark hits.They will not agree to a pay and delete. So will have to wait till march when it falls off. I want to pay off Amex,Chase and BofA. I only want Amex and Chase back in the fold.BofA was nice but this time around I want about 4 credit cards. That will be more than enough.

Goal 750 Across

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.