Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call Chase love!!

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Can't call Chase love!!

I have attempted three apps and have been denied by each and every one.Chase denied me earlier today and they pointed out the main reason being my one and only collection. Looks like I will have to wait it out till march 2013 before I can add a premium card. I wonder if Chase hit me with an inquirie considering they did mention my previous unpaid cc's with them?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: Can't call Chase love!!

so you have one collection reporting but you have previous co's with chase older than the CRTP?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

A lot of companies maintain a blacklist of consumers who have done them wrong. Chase is one of them. American express is another. Once you are on the blacklist you may never be redeemed except after ten or more years if you get lucky. Best to not apply to any companies that you have burned by not paying your bill. Make sure that the company doesn't blacklist before you apply
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 14
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
A lot of companies maintain a blacklist of consumers who have done them wrong. Chase is one of them. American express is another. Once you are on the blacklist you may never be redeemed except after ten or more years if you get lucky. Best to not apply to any companies that you have burned by not paying your bill. Make sure that the company doesn't blacklist before you apply

+1

Chase (like Amex and BofA) has a very long memory. If you had unpaid CCs or COs with Chase, they will likely never give you a card again. Time will not fix this. There have been some incidents where it's possible, but these are quite few and far-inbetween.

Even if it falls off your credit reports, they still have their own internal databases. These contain people who are blacklisted for life, and once you're on it's virtually impossible to get off. YMMV though.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Wonder how far that blacklist goes.   I had accounts that were closed with Chase and Discover.   They weren't charged off and I paid them off directly.  They got every dime I owed them.  I wonder if I would be on their blacklist.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

so you have one collection reporting but you have previous co's with chase older than the CRTP?

Yes, one unrelated collection, a reporting that will fall off in march 2013. Wish I could pay it now but that could be risky and might allow the cell phone company to restart the debt.I do have a old collection with chase that is about eight years old. At this point, think I will just wait till march to try for a premium card.No point in trying and getting rejected and adding more inquiries.I now have 4 inquiries for the last two years (2 of those in last year)on my EQ.Have 2 inquiries on my EX, and 2 inquiries on my TU. I was forunate enough to have gotten a car approved and will simply spend my efforts in building up my Wells Fargo.I can max out my secured card up to $10K. Maybe that is the best course of action in order to get the attention of prime card companies.By that time march will be around the corner.

Goal 750 Across

Message 6 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

Yes, one unrelated collection, a reporting that will fall off in march 2013. Wish I could pay it now but that could be risky and might allow the cell phone company to restart the debt.I do have a old collection with chase that is about eight years old. At this point, think I will just wait till march to try for a premium card.No point in trying and getting rejected and adding more inquiries.I now have 4 inquiries for the last two years (2 of those in last year)on my EQ.Have 2 inquiries on my EX, and 2 inquiries on my TU. I was forunate enough to have gotten a car approved and will simply spend my efforts in building up my Wells Fargo.I can max out my secured card up to $10K. Maybe that is the best course of action in order to get the attention of prime card companies.By that time march will be around the corner.

Sounds like a plan!!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 14
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Wonder how far that blacklist goes.   I had accounts that were closed with Chase and Discover.   They weren't charged off and I paid them off directly.  They got every dime I owed them.  I wonder if I would be on their blacklist.

You might be able to restart a relationship with Chase based on the fact your collections were paid in full. I honestly think had my one collection not been on my credit report the odds of getting a new chase card would be quite better.The rep mentioned my current collection before saying anything about the unpaid chase collection. In any case, I will wait then go after Citibank and Discover in march. I've never had either of them. I might even try Chase again in the later part of 2013.

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 14
learnin113
Established Contributor

Chase Blacklists.  Forge it, you're toast.  Try another lender.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a CO with Chase (a department store card through Chase), that was CO'd in 2005. It has since fallen off of my reports. I applied for the Chase Freedom yesterday and got the 7-10 day message. I called the recon number, and they asked me to explain that CO. I basically told them I was young (18) with my first job, which I then lost and was unable to pay it. He said I answered it satisfactorily and approved me for $3000. So glad I tried it!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.