Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Discover off my Mom's credit report

tag
Kittty

Can't get Discover off my Mom's credit report

Hi all,

For the past 8 years or so my Discover card has been showing up on both mine and my Mom's credit reports. We both have very good credit scores, and this card isn't bringing her score up or down, but it's just annoying to the both of us.

She has tried several times to have my card removed from her report, and it temporarily disappears and then reappears again.

She has never been associated with this account, but we do have a matching historical address on our reports (although I didn't live with her when I opened this account). Our names and social security numbers are both similar, and we figure that this might have something to do with it.

What can we do to permanently end this problem?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Can't get Discover off my Mom's credit report

@Kittty wrote:

Hi all,

For the past 8 years or so my Discover card has been showing up on both mine and my Mom's credit reports. We both have very good credit scores, and this card isn't bringing her score up or down, but it's just annoying to the both of us.

She has tried several times to have my card removed from her report, and it temporarily disappears and then reappears again.

She has never been associated with this account, but we do have a matching historical address on our reports (although I didn't live with her when I opened this account). Our names and social security numbers are both similar, and we figure that this might have something to do with it.

What can we do to permanently end this problem?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!

You need to call Discover. (Assuming this is a genuine DFS Discover card.) Tell them what is happening and that you need it straightened out. If you have been getting it removed by filing a dispute with the CRB's it won't work. It will just come back when it is reported again. You have to go to the source to get this problem fixed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leave it alone.
Message 3 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Leave it alone.

This is another viable approach as long as the status quo is acceptable.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.