cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to BT from Synchrony to a credit union card (Apple FCU)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't seem to BT from Synchrony to a credit union card (Apple FCU)

I'm running into issues this morning trying to BT Amazon and Walmart (both Synchrony) to my Apple FCU Visa, which is managed by PSCU. I'm sure I keyed in all the correct information (creditor, address, account number, amount to BT) and I have plenty of funds available on the card to accept the BT amount(s), but I keep getting "There was an issue, please try again" error message popups. Where am I going wrong here? I was successfully able to BT my older Discover to Apple and my Overstock (Comenity) balance to my Capital One QS Visa (when I tried to BT it to Apple, it told me they would have to send a check instead of electronic transfer which would have taken up to 30 days).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can't seem to BT from Synchrony to a credit union card (Apple FCU)

Have you tried calling the CU? Often times if their interfaces aren't set up to fulfill the process on the backend, maybe it needs to be done manually which may take up to 30 days (snail mail check to SYNCB).

Unless there's a system glitch somewhere. I'd say it would behoove you to contact them.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did contact them via secure messaging earlier this morning (being hearing-impaired, it's difficult and often unpleasant for me to use the telephone, even when it's a captioned unit).

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Hopefully they can provide you with some guidance on how to proceed with the BT.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually had a thought a few minutes ago - maybe the problem is with the browser I was using? At my work, they're still using Internet Exploder Explorer as the default browser, though they're (slowly) transitioning to Firefox. While IE is obsolete, it still works OK for accessing most basic functions, but I wonder if there's something in PSCU's scripting for BT's that that old browser can't handle. I'm going to try again with Firefox or Edge (the browser I use at home is Pale Moon, based on the same engine Firefox uses).

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem does in fact appear to have been due to my using an outdated browser, after all. I went back a few minutes ago to log on to Apple FCU using Firefox 60.1 (I had been using Internet Explorer 11, the default browser at my office which is of course obsolete and has been replaced by Edge - in fact, my office is still using Windows 7!!!) and tried the balance transfers from Walmart and Amazon again. The transfers went through successfully this time and have been logged onto my Apple Visa account in the "pending" section, so I am now going to wait to make sure they do complete. In the event they don't Apple did reply to my message yesterday and asked me to submit the needed information for each transfer if I continued to have trouble.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.