cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Amex PRG be a good "everyday" card?

tag
sandsanta
Contributor

Re: Can the Amex PRG be a good "everyday" card?

@Anonymous wrote:
EDP is better for that, unless restaurants and airlines are a larger part of your daily spend than groceries, gas and unbonused spend. That would be pretty unusual for most people.

It is for me. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Wife and i use the PRG for our everyday spending and some bills like we would a debit card. things like the new sleep number bed we put on a 0% revolver (we take turns getting one every other year so we always have 0% somewhere) so we can pay them off over time. Between the two of us we usually earn over 4k points a month. that with the airline credit makes the anual fee worth it to us. But what ever floats your boat i guess.

Message 12 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think the PRG really only makes sense if it's your daily spending card, as to make up the fee, it has to get a decent amount of spend. So if you are spreading spend across many cards, PRG may not do much for you

Message 13 of 14
core
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I think the PRG really only makes sense if it's your daily spending card, as to make up the fee, it has to get a decent amount of spend. So if you are spreading spend across many cards, PRG may not do much for you

The $100 airline credit + small business Saturday + just a couple other Amex deals that you your family can use over the course of the year = annual fee made up for without hardly any spending at all.  That is, if you can use that airline credit.  Me, I'll be closing my PRG card because all my airline gift cards will likely go to waste.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.