Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we recon for USAA Card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Can we recon for USAA Card?

Can we recon for USAA non military card app? It is rejected with EQ scores 682. Is it worth calling or my scores simply out of their league?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Can we recon for USAA Card?

the csr i spoke with today said around 690, so your scores don't appear to be a problem.  she also said no recon., but i am not really certain she understood my question.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My guess would be that, as a typically conservative CU-type institution, they shied away at all the inqs and new accounts.

I really don't understand why you did this. Smiley Sad
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use USAA as a member of the services.  I love them.  I am sure that doesn't help, because I have no idea what the question means...

Sooooo.....   What is a "RECON?"

Message 4 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Reconsideration if you've been denied for an application, APR reduction, fee waiver, etc.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I really don't understand why you did this. Smiley Sad

You are right hauling, I have no idea why I did and I should not have apped for  it. But when I saw the designs of the card I could not resist. I am glad they rejected my application, I really dont want to have a new account added to my CR. I would rather wait for another year and then see what future brings to me.

Message 6 of 21
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

But when I saw the designs of the card I could not resist.

Off-topic question.

So when you're applying online for a USAA credit card, there's a step in the application process where you can view the credit cards designs (and select the design you want) ?
Message 7 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@MojaveMoon wrote:
Off-topic question.

So when you're applying online for a USAA credit card, there's a step in the application process where you can view the credit cards designs (and select the design you want) ?

Yes, at least for me it showed  about 20-25 different designs of the card I could choose. I could not resist and applied for it. I am glad, I am not approved. Twelve months or until I reach 700 Club no more new accounts.

Message Edited by concorduser on 02-24-2009 04:17 PM
Message 8 of 21
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Yes, at least for me it showed  about 20-25 different designs of the card I could choose.

Thank you. I didn't realize they now had that many designs. They also have one where you can have your picture put on the card. Unfortunately, I think putting your picture on the card is only an option for the credit card and not for the debit/atm card.
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

well here's my input...see if it helps you.

I recently joined USAA a few months ago and my credit scores were all high 500s low 600s with a few collections and late pays on student loans from a few years ago, I applied for the USAA mastercard and was denied...I applied 3 months later (nothing changed) and I was approved for a card with 4k limit. This is my only card above 500 and let me tell you I have a ton of inquries and recent accounts from rebuilding in the last year so I suggest letting it ride for a few months and try again and they will most likely approve you. From what I can see they don't care so much about scores as I thought but just being a member with some sort of history (I opened auto insurance and a checking account with 100 bucks in it) and that is the only thing that has changed. 

Hope that helped!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.