Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get Amex to SP you?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you get Amex to SP you?

I still can't get my 181 day cli because they won't SP me. My scores plummeted when my AU on my delta card charged past its limit (the card kept saying yes) and I didn't catch it to pay it off in time before the statement cut. I paid it in full as usual and have requested CLI now as often as Discover, trying to get them to SP me to current scores, which have since been restored, but my letter in the mail today had a low score from the beginning of May. I've heard stories of them pulling people every day if they are suspicious, but I can't get them to pull me despite my now somewhat frequent CLI requests.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you get Amex to SP you?

they automatically SP you every month or so. when your scores raise you should be okay. just keep using the card
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I still can't get my 181 day cli because they won't SP me. My scores plummeted when my AU on my delta card charged past its limit (the card kept saying yes) and I didn't catch it to pay it off in time before the statement cut. I paid it in full as usual and have requested CLI now as often as Discover, trying to get them to SP me to current scores, which have since been restored, but my letter in the mail today had a low score from the beginning of May. I've heard stories of them pulling people every day if they are suspicious, but I can't get them to pull me despite my now somewhat frequent CLI requests.

Ugh, I totally feel you. I applied for BCE on 5/11 w/ EX 721 and was approved. Tried for 3x cli upon activation and received a letter that had a score from a sp in APRIL! 40 pts lower than my current scores! I don't understand how they pulled my credit, sent me a letter saying EX 721 and then sent me a letter saying 678 for a CLI.

Makes no sense, but AMEX will still get love.

Hopefully someone here will have an answer.

....ps: if you request a CLI and they say no, can you request it again w/ your 90 day limit being from the original declination? Or does it change each time you request?

thanks folks!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to wait 90 after hour denial.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

your* not hour. sorry. dang iphone. idk why people buy these things...
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
your* not hour. sorry. dang iphone. idk why people buy these things...

thanks 2011! But you do mean the first time I got denied? Or each time after that I try and get denied - 90 days from then? Will it even approve you if you try again after a denial but before 90 days? oes this make any sense? it's late, sorry. 

Message 6 of 13
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I asked Re: Can you get Amex to SP you?

I was just in a chat with Amex over cards that never showed up. While I had them. I asked about CLI's. I was under the impression. That once you requested a CLI and it was approved. You had to wait 6 months for another CLI on that card or any other. She said I could request it on both cards at the same time, once the 6 month period has passed. Has anyone here done that before?

Message 7 of 13
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 8 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
they automatically SP you every month or so. when your scores raise you should be okay. just keep using the card

If only this was true and consistent. but it is not. ive not had sp from Amex since april 15th. i also went for cli on june 8th. but they pulled and sited the old report. in fact they did not even report that my balance was paid in full on the 1st of june. close date was june 5th. this is the 19th. op i guess nothing you can do but wait. i do have the amex fico. and it has not even changed. so it appears this month. they were just not concerned with all of this. maybe you can call and ask for a mid cycle update. they just might do it. me myself. even though i was declined for the cli. due to old report. my fico on their was 666. i will just continue to wait the 91 days. which will be september 8th. ok. good luck.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I asked Re: Can you get Amex to SP you?

@Gmood1 wrote:

I was just in a chat with Amex over cards that never showed up. While I had them. I asked about CLI's. I was under the impression. That once you requested a CLI and it was approved. You had to wait 6 months for another CLI on that card or any other. She said I could request it on both cards at the same time, once the 6 month period has passed. Has anyone here done that before?

You can not request and receive CLIs on two cards at the same time.  You can only receive a CLI on one card every six months no matter how many cards you have.  Either you misunderstood the CSR or that one was clueless which isn't that unusual for Amex.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.