Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you get Citi to update CRA early?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Can you get Citi to update CRA early?

I have a high balance reporting on my Citi card, which just cut the other day. Money came that I'd like to put towards the balance, but I hate to have to wait a full month for the CRA to update. (I'm also concerned the high bal is going to freak out other CCs, like Barclay's and Amex if they soft me.) Unfortunately the $ came in on the stmt date, so there was nothing I could do. I'm wondering if anyone has been successful in getting them to update to the CRAs mid-cycle, and how to do it.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Involus
Regular Contributor

Re: Can you get Citi to update CRA early?

I just recently moved and had to change my address with all my CCCs and someone reported the change within 48 hours. I'm not sure which one updated or if they only updated address and not balance info and such.

Message 2 of 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

From what I understand this is possible via supervisor, let us know if you have any success. This is something I've wondered about too! Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:
From what I understand this is possible via supervisor, let us know if you have any success. This is something I've wondered about too! Thanks.

Well, I'm not sure what to tell them, if they ask me why I want them to do this -- which I'm sure they would. I know some people do this when they're apping for a mortgage, but unless you're seeking new credit, there really isn't a good reason. I am concerned about the softing, but I don't know if they would consider that a good reason.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.