cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have Two Venture Cards or a Venture and a Venture One?

tag
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Can you have Two Venture Cards or a Venture and a Venture One?

Has anybody tried apping for a second card in the Venture family.  I have a 10K Venture from a few months ago and a $3500 QS.  I would like to get another 10K - 15K card.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Can you have Two Venture Cards or a Venture and a Venture One?

I was approved today back to back, for QS visa Siggy $10k, and Venture $10k. Both of the cards showed up in the prequal for me. Don't know if you can have 2 Of the same cards or not, or if you have to app for a different one. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows
Message 2 of 30
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I have both

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 30
Valued Contributor

Can I ask your limits on them?  Are they as generous with the Venture 1 as the Venture?

Message 4 of 30
Valued Contributor

I see you have two QS's as well.  Do you mind sharing your limits on your four Cap 1 cards?  I would actualy rather have a QS if I could get a high limit since the Venture 1 only pays 1.25% on travel which is less than the plain old QS.  I don't quite understand its appeal unless it's just for a high limit ....

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Can I ask your limits on them?  Are they as generous with the Venture 1 as the Venture?

Seemingly not. The Minimum SL on the Venture is 5K meanwhile VentureOne is 3K.

Message 6 of 30
northface28
Established Contributor

In my opinion, there is no point in getting the VentureOne, its only 1.25 miles per purchase. May as well go up to the Venture or get the Quicksilver.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 7 of 30
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

I have both.  $3500 on the VentureOne & $5000 on the Venture.

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 8 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It seems very iffy to get approved for a second version of the same Venture card. Thanks to these threads I blew a Friday night researching it. But you can have one of each versions
Message 9 of 30
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Venture One is 7k, Venture is 5k. They seem generous to me if your credit is clean. It's always a soft pull to ask for a credit limit increase.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.