cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have a co-signer for a credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you have a co-signer for a credit card?

I am trying to rebuild my credit and haven't been able to get approved for any credit cards (I have been approved for a couple store cards). Was wondering if anyone new if there are any cards that allows you to have a co-signer? I have a co-signer that has Perfect credit. Thanks in advance for any information 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you have a co-signer for a credit card?

Sometimes, apping for Discover will result in a denial and an offer to apply jointly.

Message 2 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sometimes, apping for Discover will result in a denial and an offer to apply jointly.

I did that when I had a thin file. It works, but getting a CLI is a PITA.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 6
susieqj
Regular Contributor

A secured credit card is a good option.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some credit unions allow joint applicants for a credit card. PenFed is one (in their case, I don't think the co-applicant even needs to be a credit union member).

Message 5 of 6
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am trying to rebuild my credit and haven't been able to get approved for any credit cards (I have been approved for a couple store cards). Was wondering if anyone new if there are any cards that allows you to have a co-signer? I have a co-signer that has Perfect credit. Thanks in advance for any information 

If you have already been approved for some store cards, you're well on your way to getting approved for a regular credit card. Patience is key. In less than 6 months you will be able to get your own cc's without anybody's help. It's not good to get tied up with someone else if you dont have to. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.