cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you make more than one payment a month on your CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you make more than one payment a month on your CC?

Just curious...with the online payments I wasn't sure if that was doable if a situation ever arose

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Regular Contributor

Re: Can you make more than one payment a month on your CC?

I usually make 2 or 3 on my HSBC and Wells CCs. I have also done it on my Orchard Bank CC in the past.

Message 2 of 11
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious...with the online payments I wasn't sure if that was doable if a situation ever arose

Some creditors have limits; others don't care. I know HSBC and PenFed allow muliple payments to post to your account during the same statement cycle without any issues. Barclaycard suggested (when I spoke with a rep) not to make more than 2 payments in the same cycle or the system will put a hold on your available credit for 10 days.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lincognito,

I make multiple payments on most of my cards most months.

The bear for us is BofA which limits us to four.  I usually make 2-4, so i watch them.

I have Juni and make 2-4 with them as well.  I haven't really noticed the hold on my available credit - but that's a good thing to pay attention to.

My favorite is Cabela's.  You can even make more than one payment per day from different accounts and you can pay more than your reported balance.  They are my favorite card to manage.

My least favorite is Alliant which will superimpose one payment over another if the first hasn't gone through.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi lincognito,

I make multiple payments on most of my cards most months.

The bear for us is BofA which limits us to four.  I usually make 2-4, so i watch them.

I have Juni and make 2-4 with them as well.  I haven't really noticed the hold on my available credit - but that's a good thing to pay attention to.

My favorite is Cabela's.  You can even make more than one payment per day from different accounts and you can pay more than your reported balance.  They are my favorite card to manage.

My least favorite is Alliant which will superimpose one payment over another if the first hasn't gone through.

On Alliant, how close were your payments?  Normally when I do a web payment from their site, I have available credit the next morning...but I haven't ever made more than 2 payments in  month to them, and usually just 1.

txjohn

Message 5 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I regularly pay my Barclaycard multiple times a month - usually 2, but it has been up to 4.  Never had a problem

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

that sounds like them also they take ever to post merchant refunds all my other cards post in few days but did not post june 8th refund til the 15th I thought the merchant was being a butt
Message 7 of 11
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

I made 3 payments on the same day on my USAA Credit Card.

Message 8 of 11
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Amex allows one every 24 hours. Discover allows one every 3 days, and seems to randomly block days around the payment due date.

PayPal Buyer Credit only allows 2 per billing cycle and takes 3 days to post

Maybe someone could start a "sticky" on the various CC policies regarding multiple payments?

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 9 of 11
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

My DW has Citi Sears MC..    It allows only 5 online payments per month.   The credit available is usually released within 1 day on the first two payments, and 10 business days later on any further payments. 

My rebuilding rule for payments is this.

Make the minimum payment on each account as soon as statement closes. This way I can't get a late fee, if something happens for main payment.   Then I usually PIF a few days before due date to avoid interest.       

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.