cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you open up a Chase Checking Account if that is not available within your state?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you open up a Chase Checking Account if that is not available within your state?

I know that this is technically not a credit card question but I am trying to get a Chase Checking Account for the Chase Trifecta combo. I currently live in a state with no Chase branches and you can't apply online (with my zip code of residence). But I can easily get to a state that has a Chase branch -- would I be able to open a checking account there with a out-of-state address?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can you open up a Chase Checking Account if that is not available within your state?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know that this is technically not a credit card question but I am trying to get a Chase Checking Account for the Chase Trifecta combo. I currently live in a state with no Chase branches and you can't apply online (with my zip code of residence). But I can easily get to a state that has a Chase branch -- would I be able to open a checking account there with a out-of-state address?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't think so.  Someone here ran into that issue recently, and then when I looked at the states that Chase services, it rather redefined my opinion of their being a "national" lender.  I didn't look closely in the online interface, but the list was something like 20 names, which ain't close to 50 unfortunately.

        
Message 2 of 5
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Can you open up a Chase Checking Account if that is not available within your state?

Yes you can. I live in Massachusetts where there is no Chase services available for consumers. I drove to CT with a $200 coupon and opened the account without a problem. Call a Chase branch and ask before you make the trip. But now that I have the Chase Freedom and the Chase Checking it was well worth the tank of gas to get from MA to CT and back.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome. I'm going to call them first and see if I can open an account on the phone, haha. 

Message 4 of 5
Jlu
Established Contributor

They will only PC non-partner or internal cards. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.