cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you product change the Amex Hilton Honors card into the Blue Cash Preferred?

tag
KG1978
Valued Member

Can you product change the Amex Hilton Honors card into the Blue Cash Preferred?

I have the Amex Hilton Honor card but I would rather have the Blue Cash Preferred Card. Is it possible to do a PC?

My Wallet: Best Buy Store ($750), Care Credit ($4000) GE Broyll Hill ($6000), Amex Green Card, Citi Dividend MC ($6800), Citi Thank you Preferred ($9800), Amazon Store Card ($2500), Victorias Secret ($1550), Kohls ($600), AF ($1300), Crate and Barrel ($4750) Discover Miles ($5000), Blue Cash Everyday ($3000), Walmart Discover($5800), Target ($500), Blue Cash Preferred(2000) and Chase Freedom($3000), Amex Gold Delta (9200).
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can you product change the Amex Hilton Honors card into the Blue Cash Preferred?

i dont see why not Smiley Very Happy but im sure a seasoned member will chime in to verify Smiley Happy

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 2 of 9
KG1978
Valued Member

Re: Can you product change the Amex Hilton Honors card into the Blue Cash Preferred?

In case anyone is wondering you cannot do a product change between these two cards. Heres the email I got back:

Dear Blah Blah Blah,

As required by the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, Consumer accounts that have been open less than 1 year may not transfer to a new Consumer account if the change would result in a higher annual membership fee.

This is why we are unable to change your Hilton HHonors Card to our Blue Cash Preferred Card, at the moment.

The only option available to transfer to is the Blue Cash Everyday Card. Here is some information about a product transfer:

1- The account number will not change as a result of the product change. The four digit CID number on the front of the Card will change. If you have any recurring billings that require the CID, you may need to contact the Merchants to update their information once the new Card is received. 

2- Transfer into the new product will be completed in 24 - 48 hours. 

Here are some features of the Blue Cash Everyday Card:

No annual membership fee. 
No expiration on Reward Dollars balance. 
3% reward on Supermarkets, 2% reward on Gas and Department Stores, and 1% on all other eligible spend. 
Reward Dollars can be redeemed for gift cards, cash back (statement credit), or merchandise. 
There is no limit on the number of additional Cardmembers that can be added. 
Unlimited reward potential with no spending cap. 

To learn more about this Card product please visit http://www304.americanexpress.com/getthecard/side-by-side/bluecashever-bluecashpref/25330

If you'd like to change to this product, please write back to us and we will be happy to assist with the product transfer. 

We hope your time with American Express thus far has been a pleasant time.

Sincerely, 

Ryan Nicholas Berkeley 
Email Servicing Team 
American Express Interactive Services

My Wallet: Best Buy Store ($750), Care Credit ($4000) GE Broyll Hill ($6000), Amex Green Card, Citi Dividend MC ($6800), Citi Thank you Preferred ($9800), Amazon Store Card ($2500), Victorias Secret ($1550), Kohls ($600), AF ($1300), Crate and Barrel ($4750) Discover Miles ($5000), Blue Cash Everyday ($3000), Walmart Discover($5800), Target ($500), Blue Cash Preferred(2000) and Chase Freedom($3000), Amex Gold Delta (9200).
Message 3 of 9
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

So you can change, just not in the first year. At least that is how I read the response.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 4 of 9
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:
So you can change, just not in the first year. At least that is how I read the response.

+1

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 5 of 9
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I just did a pc from my Starwood card to the BCP yesterday. I had checked several months ago thinking that since the difference in annual fees was only $10 they might let it slide, but when they put my information in their system it didn't allow the BCP. If I had taken the Everyday card the clock would have started over, so I just waited until my statement cut this month and called in. When I logged in today it already shows the BCP.
Message 6 of 9
KG1978
Valued Member

Yes but I wonder why its possible after a year? I got the lowest interest offered on the Hilton Honors so I wonder what would happen when I got the Blue Cash Preferred because I don't think they offer 15.24% on that card.
Message 7 of 9
KG1978
Valued Member

How long have you had your Starwood card for?
Message 8 of 9
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@KG1978 wrote:
Yes but I wonder why its possible after a year? I got the lowest interest offered on the Hilton Honors so I wonder what would happen when I got the Blue Cash Preferred because I don't think they offer 15.24% on that card.

Because the CARD act states they can't raise your AF in the first year. I would assume you would get the lowest interest rate available on the BCP.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.