cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you still get a credit increase from Capital one secured Mastercard past 3k limit?

tag
kchui1028
Contributor

Can you still get a credit increase from Capital one secured Mastercard past 3k limit?

I hear a lot of people saying Capital one would increase your card limit by $500 after 6 months and some see double limit after it's been 18 months etc.

My question is if i'd already deposit 3k from the start when i applied (actually they refunded me $150 since i only need $49 for initial deposit), i still have 3k limit on my credit card, will Capital One ever considered increasing my limit further past 3k?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kchui1028
Contributor

Re: Can you still get a credit increase from Capital one secured Mastercard past 3k limit?

*bump
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you still get a credit increase from Capital one secured Mastercard past 3k limit?

When they auto increase your cli like that is in their Credit Steps program. As far as I know, thats for their unsecured cards. I assume you have a secured card since you say you made a security deposit of $3,000. You might see cli's with this card but they're not guaranteed like they are in the Credit Steps program.

Message 3 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

You could call them and ask.   

My guess is that you can have a limit past the $3K maximum deposit.   I am considering increasing my deposit this summer and find out    I'll post and let you know if it works.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.