Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Credit One credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel Credit One credit card

Does anyone know how to cancel Credit One credit cards? I can't get a hold of customer service for the life of me.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancel Credit One credit card

I'd probably send a written registered mail requesting cancellation.

Alternatively, phone customer service is one of the worst I know of, but may still be faster. Hitting 0 a few times will eventually get you to talk to a real person.

After telling you what a great client you are, how awesome the relationship with you is, how delighted they are to have the incommensurate pleasure to charge you outrageous fees, and what a delectation it will be to refund the last monthly fee to somehow help you swallowing the pill, they should eventually cancel it over the phone.

Message 2 of 10
Ricky_D
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know how to caI jncel Credit One credit cards? I can't get a hold of customer service for the life of me.

I just called to close mine.  Since their policy is to transfer you to retention, on your initial call, just select an option that will get you a representative. billing, name change, etc. Then, tell that person you want to close the account. You will be asked why. Firmly state you simply want to cancel.

You will be transferred to a retention person who will offer several options to keep you. Again, firmly state you want to cancel.

I told them I lost my job with no future income.  Not true, but hard to argue with that one.

Account closed.

Message 3 of 10
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Call this number 702-269-1000 which is the Las Vegas number I used to cancel mine a year ago. They will try like hell to get you to keep it dont fall for it. A big weight will be lifted when you are rid of them. Best of luck I look forward to hearing you are Credit One free. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will try like hell to keep you with them, I went through the same ordeal last month. Got told they would give me an APR reduction and a $100 CLI increase if I decided to keep my account open.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously? If you have card, use then pay in full every month. No fees, nada. Why cancel?

Message 6 of 10
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I'm sure we don't all have the exact same reasons. But once my credit profile improved I had little use for cards that offered no benefit. I could instead use cards that offered cash back, airline miles, hotel points, etc.  I would rather use those and pay them in full each month.

Rebuilder cards served their purpose. But eventually it was time to move on.

More than enough credit.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm canceling mine because they charge a $99 annual fee (billed monthly) and the card has basically no rewards whatsoever.

Message 8 of 10
Ricky_D
Contributor

Yeah, I close the account too because my first year was coming up and I could not see continuing with a $450 limit, and paying $8.25 each month for the YF.  But the biggest one for me is how long they take to post payments and then waiting another 2 - 3 days for the CL to be updated. My other newly aquired cards are prompt and offered higher limits and benefits than Credit One.

Yes, CO discloses their fees and payment posting policy.  But after starting my credit journey again, they fall way short on service and benefits compared to others.

Message 9 of 10
Ricky_D
Contributor

@NichelleN wrote:

I'm sure we don't all have the exact same reasons. But once my credit profile improved I had little use for cards that offered no benefit. I could instead use cards that offered cash back, airline miles, hotel points, etc.  I would rather use those and pay them in full each month.

Rebuilder cards served their purpose. But eventually it was time to move on.

Amen

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.