cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel First Premier Credit Card after approval for American Express Blue cash Preferred?

tag
Mario4
New Contributor

Re: Cancel First Premier Credit Card after approval for American Express Blue cash Preferred?

I should be fine if I replace it with another card within equal or larger credit correct? (Over time)

Message 11 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Cancel First Premier Credit Card after approval for American Express Blue cash Preferred?

@Mario4 wrote:

I applied and was approved for a First premier credit card with 700 limit. Fee was 250 first year and its about $50 every additional year.

They charge a monthly $15 fee just for having an account.. its ridiculous... I did it just to have another credit card.

If i am approved for the Blue Cash preffered with the same or large credit limit. Is it a good idea to cancel the first premier? I know it'll hurt my score.. but not that much since i've only had it for about 4 months or less. Also, the credit limit for the new card will replace the existing so I wont suffer that much.

ANY ADVICE? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

If approved for the AmEx, and especially since the FP is less than 6 months old, I would definitely close it. Best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.