Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Orchard Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel Orchard Bank

Hi All,

I welcome your opinions.  I currently have an Orchard Bk CC with a CL of $300 and an AF of $79.  I have a Cap One CL$1000 and just got approved for WaMU CL $3000.  Can I tell Orchard bank to shove their low limit card with an annual fee?  I have a BK in 06 and I don't think I need any more credit.

BTW I have a very long credit history so age isn't a factor.  All CC received this year.

Thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancel Orchard Bank

raisemyscore wrote:
Hi All,

I welcome your opinions.  I currently have an Orchard Bk CC with a CL of $300 and an AF of $79.  I have a Cap One CL$1000 and just got approved for WaMU CL $3000.  Can I tell Orchard bank to shove their low limit card with an annual fee?  I have a BK in 06 and I don't think I need any more credit.

BTW I have a very long credit history so age isn't a factor.  All CC received this year.

Thanks for your help!

Are you gonna tell em in detail where to put it?  j/k

Once I graduated from subprime I did the same with my HHB card.  The AF wasn't nearly that high.  Neer keep a card with an annual fee unles the perks are out of this world or thats all you can get is my philosophy. The HHB was my oldest card and didn't hurt my score a bit.  The limit on that card isnt even enough to effect your utilization much.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL... maybe not in detail... But thanks! I will call to cancel.  That was my first post BK card.  I was afraid to try for anything else.

This board is great!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

raisemyscore wrote:
LOL... maybe not in detail... But thanks! I will call to cancel.  That was my first post BK card.  I was afraid to try for anything else.

This board is great!

Benn there done that!! Hopefully you weren't held hostage for nearly as long as I was.  I kept getting preapps but afraid to apply til 6 years post-bk..  Afraid every card issuer would see my BK 'shame'.  Finally they forced my hand by ratejaking me for no apparent reason and I almost did tell them...in detail.  Actually closed it before I got anything else...lol!!!

I guess I owe them a debt of gratitude.  Had it not been for that,my scores would still be in the fives and I would still be paying that fee every year.   I WORSHIPPED my HHB card, slept with it under my pillow...j/k..  Heck at the time, no one else would even give me the time of day.

BTW one of my favorite cards right now is HSBC issued.  It just depends on what bait you swallow.Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-28-2007 09:05 PM
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's pretty new, just a few months... I was very happy to get it as well AND scared to use it.  I was scared to apply for new credit but this place gave me the courage.  I found it after paying 12.95/mo for 8 months on experians website.

Thanks to all on this board!

If they want to offer me a better deal I may reconsider.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very HappyFunny how boards empower people.  I found another board looking for answers as to why they were raising me when I had been a good little girl for almost four years.  Thanks to those guys I learned a few tricks of the trade.  Thanks to being peaved a learned a lot more and took on the world.  I could not believe how much stuff was not supposed to be on my credit report but was....lol!!!

Of course that was before I found myfico and The admin gave me super FICO knowledge pills to make me super FICO smart
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.