Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel UBER CC?

tag
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cancel UBER CC?

@Gunnerboy wrote:

Prior to its relaunch, this card was going to be the last one I app'd for before hitting the garden.  I'm relieved that I waited.  Having learned so much about Barclay's here, I would ditch it. 

That's a good point, barclays sucks as an issuer anyway, I jumped through a lot of hoops to get it. 

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 21 of 52
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks to be a pretty small portion of your total CL, so I don't think it would affect your utiliization much if at all. I assume it wouldn't have a big impact on your age of credit either.

An unused card isn't much of a relationship to have. If one of their other cards is more useful to you, maybe apply for that one and use it.

Your decision, whether you keep it or cancel it, is one that will have little to no lasting impact on your credit score. It's kind of like my capital one QS. It's only a $300 limit and closing it might even increase my average age of credit, but I'll probably just leave it and see how long it takes them to close it themselves. 

That's an interesting thought, do you know if anyone has had success PCing from Uber to a different Barclay card?

CARDS:
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
Message 22 of 52
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

I would hang onto it.  You never know if they might change the benefits again for the better or extend you some special offer... or you could use move the limit to another Barclay product down the line if one comes up that's worth getting.

It's not costing you anything to keep it.  No need to cancel.

I like the idea of xfering the CL to a different card. I do hate Barclays, but maybe I could find another card and call see if will PC. If nothing else its another DP for us on the forums, given everyone hates the new structure! 

CARDS:

BANKS:
Message 23 of 52
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I too am disappointed in this change as I don't use Uber at all. I will be sock drawering this card. Still not sure which card, I may go to savor one (non af version). I mainly need a good percentage restaurant card without AF. Any suggestions?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 24 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I close mine? I’ve had it for about a year and it’s the lowest cl that I have? What would you do?
Message 25 of 52
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

I personally wouldn't close it. I would just sock drawer the card which is what I'll do. Also one of my lowest limits at 5k, but also good enough for a PC so I wont close mine.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 26 of 52
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CBartowski wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It looks to be a pretty small portion of your total CL, so I don't think it would affect your utiliization much if at all. I assume it wouldn't have a big impact on your age of credit either.

An unused card isn't much of a relationship to have. If one of their other cards is more useful to you, maybe apply for that one and use it.

Your decision, whether you keep it or cancel it, is one that will have little to no lasting impact on your credit score. It's kind of like my capital one QS. It's only a $300 limit and closing it might even increase my average age of credit, but I'll probably just leave it and see how long it takes them to close it themselves. 

That's an interesting thought, do you know if anyone has had success PCing from Uber to a different Barclay card?

Based on a variety of DPs, the Uber card isn't eligible for PC to any other Barclays products. 

Message 27 of 52
MacCreed
Valued Member

Barclays is not a bank that's worth keeping on the back burner.  

Message 28 of 52
Namaste7
Established Contributor

I closed the card. I didn't hold other cards with Barclay and I did not plan to add more. I saw better growth with cards from other issuers. With the change to the rewards structure, I was better off closing the card and opening up CLI space for my existing portfolio. No regrets--except I should have never opened the FOTM card to begin with!

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 29 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Namaste7 wrote:
I closed the card. I didn't hold other cards with Barclay and nor did I plan too. I saw better growth with cards from other issuers. With the change to the rewards structure, I was better off closing the card and opening up CLI space for my existing portfolio. No regrets--except I should have never opened the FOTM card to begin with!

Well, while you should never open FOTM cards without evaluation, there was nothing wrong with the Uber card until recently (well, until Feb 2020 I guess).  4% on restaurants year round with no cap and with no AF was very good.   If you got it early enough to make use of it, not a poor choice at all.    We all need to be prepared for bad things to happen to our good cards, just a fact of credit life.

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.