cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled wamu/chase cc.. What is your interest rate?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancelled wamu/chase cc.. What is your interest rate?

I was noticing on this site and another one that the cancelled cc all had there interest rates increased to between 25-30 % during the switch over a few months ago.  My interest was increased from 15 to 18% then and my card is still open as of today and my credit is not perfect.  So im wondering if the cards that were to be closed were marked originallyto be closed by the exorbinant increase in apr.  What do you all think?  I hate this because ive used my card just to see if it still works.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Cancelled wamu/chase cc.. What is your interest rate?

31.99% - Not cancelled. (This card always has been pathetically high.)

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

29.99% since the WAMU to Chase move.  Account still going strong and was PC'd to Freedom Plus.

Obviously I don't ever leave a balance on this card....and that is probably what they want, based upon the APR.

I would venture a guess and say that IF I decided to leave much of any balance on this card they would probably close it.  I mean if you are willing to pay 29.99% or 31.99% like above post, THIS SCREAMS that you have financial problems.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-24-2009 09:31 PM
Message 3 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

5.24 APR but i cancelled myself w/ balance to avoid shenanigans, then months later apped chase amazon and was approved for 3.2k.  from what i can tell so far i'm in a lucky spot having killed the wamu/chase and apped chase direct to good result. 

some rumblings that this is just an early wave and they will resegment and start again this process all over, maybe also targeting direct from chase card holders not just wamu/chase or providian /wamu/ chase.  brace ourselves, the ride may be bumpy.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Rumor mongering is a capital offense in some countries.

Cancelled to prevent misconstrual.

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-25-2009 01:45 AM
Message 5 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

a good deal of good (and bad) info about the machinations of ccc is speculative, one can take or leave it.  

rumor mongering? not. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Rumor mongering is a capital offense in some countries.

I think the source was this other thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=172319

Message 7 of 16
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

a good deal of good (and bad) info about the machinations of ccc is speculative, one can take or leave it.  

rumor mongering? not. 

Not you s_b! But I think some of that info in the other thread was borderline hysterical and other parts of it were demonstrably wrong. The only info I would rely on is a leaked playbook from a high ranking person. Very unlikely. CSR's are the last people to know anything. I've done a job like that and new stuff every day is business as usual and part of the gig.
Message 8 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

Agreed.  *opens mouth, inserts foot* lol.

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@score_building wrote:

rumor mongering? not. 

Not you s_b! But I think some of that info in the other thread was borderline hysterical and other parts of it were demonstrably wrong. The only info I would rely on is a leaked playbook from a high ranking person. Very unlikely. CSR's are the last people to know anything. I've done a job like that and new stuff every day is business as usual and part of the gig.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEE!!  I dont know what the problem is. I certainly didnt mean to be spreading rumors. Just like so many other people i was just trying to see a pattern in this. There probably isnt one but i think the some of my replys were

crazy. Im not a csr just another card holder waiting on pins and needles to see if my card will be cancelled.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.