Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get credit card

tag
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Re: Cannot get credit card

and what are the reasons for decline/negativity from cu if you have any.

Something doesn't fit.....
Message 11 of 21
future
Frequent Contributor

try for a orchard card, target, or maybe cccu.  did you ever file a bk?  what kind of card did you apply for?   what seems to be the problem with you being approved, your scores sound pretty fair.  if possible can you explain your situation a little more. the more you say the more advise may be offered.....
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to www.whogavemecredit.com plug in your score from a particular bureau and check to see who approves what in your state.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nathan wrote:
With your scores most cu will embrace you. I got navy fed with a 591eq and i had just an orchard with a $300 limit. You might want to pull your report just to make sure there is no recent baddies like collection or judgment. Join a cu and you will get a card with decent cl.

The fact you are in a Credit Union does not automatically grant you credit privileges. Making timely payments is the key to obtaining the credit you desire.
Message 14 of 21
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Do you have enough TLs (on the particular report that is getting pulled) for the creditor's requirements?  Got unpaid collections?  BK?

You should do the pre-qual on Cap1 and see what they will offer then design a card.  They do triple hit you with the INQ.  And BTW careful disputing valid INQs.  If nothing else, it can cause major fraud issues.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know who M7Ti but you may want to go to the BofA site and see if they have any preapprovals to offer you.  If that is bank card, I find that they are harder to get than those issued from company's whose primary business is credit cards.  I have a bank card from my local bank but only through calling in favors. Theri min score was 690 when I was well belo that.
Message 16 of 21
moonman
Frequent Contributor

there was a time where I'm from (ft worth) that when you wanted to establish credit easily all you had to do was go to the jeweler store downtown and buy a trinket and you were on your way.....i miss those days dearly.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

moonman wrote:
there was a time where I'm from (ft worth) that when you wanted to establish credit easily all you had to do was go to the jeweler store downtown and buy a trinket and you were on your way.....i miss those days dearly.

Now a days it would be considered a CFL and hurt your score....lol!!!

Message 18 of 21
moonman
Frequent Contributor

lmao!!!!! actually i greatly benifit from doing that because i moved to zales and so on pretty fast and thought i had the credit world in my hands then.....ooh the niave thinking of a young man then lol..

@Anonymous wrote:

moonman wrote: there was a time where I'm from (ft worth) that when you wanted to establish credit easily all you had to do was go to the jeweler store downtown and buy a trinket and you were on your way.....i miss those days dearly.

Message 19 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@moonman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

moonman wrote: there was a time where I'm from (ft worth) that when you wanted to establish credit easily all you had to do was go to the jeweler store downtown and buy a trinket and you were on your way.....i miss those days dearly.

lmao!!!!! actually i greatly benifit from doing that because i moved to zales and so on pretty fast and thought i had the credit world in my hands then.....ooh the niave thinking of a young man then lol..

DH and I did this by buying a china cabinet. 27 years later, we still have it, looming over the dining room table. Paid it off in 3 months, and we were on our way.

I was just now glaring at it, thinking that if I could get rid of it, I could move the piano into its spot. (We're in our yearly debate, trying to figure where to put the Christmas tree. And yes, we do things late!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.